How to approach the Markets now with signals from Crude ?

Hi all,

With Crude showing such strength in every trading session, how do we approach the markets now ? Should we be concentrating more on Oil based companies ? Or do you all feel that this is just a blip and sporadic move ?

Ummmm....
Same thing, i am interested in.
and also an idea on how will we actually predict the market for Crude oil.
Thanks

Rash, Tradeland,

If you think oil is heading higher, go for the futures. The price of oil and the relative profitabilities/efficiencies of oil co's are independent to large degree (even more so when there is the seperation of upstream and downstream oil co's).

An extreme example is Chinese oil co's - they're all running at a loss because they can't release their product onto the open-market and the domestic oil price has been capped by the government to ease inflationary pressures (and to stop rioting probably).

Grant.

Last edited:
Rash, Tradeland,

If you think oil is heading higher, go for the futures. The price of oil and the relative profitabilities/efficiencies of oil co's are independent to large degree (even more so when there is the seperation of upstream and downstream oil co's).

An extreme example is Chinese oil co's - they're all running at a loss because they can't release their product onto the open-market and the domestic oil price has been capped by the government to ease inflationary pressures (and to stop rioting probably).

Grant.

Gunt,

Actually there is more chance of fuel related rioting in the UK rather than in China!

those football hooligans deserved every beating they got. They should get the stick everywhere they go! I have no sympathy for such thugs.

from Crude how did we jump to Football.. Can any one tell me ?

er... watch our flags.. UK.. i.e football.

In the UK any (and I mean ANY, incl. from Salma Hayeks bosom) discussion can turn to:

1. football
2. weather
3. house prices

...in that order, with no eyebrows raised or eyelashes batted or surprise shown.

Reactions: BSD