How long is needed? trading result,

everyonerich

Experienced member
Hi all, i was wondering how long trading result is needed to convince the firm or prop shop will hire you as trader?

if can provide 3 months demo results and its profitable, would i have a chance land any job in prop firm? or need longer period? someone please advice. Thank you

Hi all, i was wondering how long trading result is needed to convince the firm or prop shop will hire you as trader?

if can provide 3 months demo results and its profitable, would i have a chance land any job in prop firm? or need longer period? someone please advice. Thank you

If it was your company, would you hire you?

Problem with demo trading is that it's easy to fake, and even if the results are genuine, you might fall apart as soon as you trade real money, so there's no guarantee you'd be a profitable investment for them.

That said, people do get these jobs without experience, and having demo traded, you probably have a better idea than those people about what the job involves. You'll also be more convincing in persuading the firm that you have a genuine interest in markets, and should have a lot of interesting things to talk about if you get an interview.

Conclusion: profitable demo trading will almost certainly be an advantage, but don't expect people to bend over backwards to give you a job based on theoretical performance - you'll still need to compete with other applicants.

Problem with demo trading is that it's easy to fake, and even if the results are genuine, you might fall apart as soon as you trade real money, so there's no guarantee you'd be a profitable investment for them.

That said, people do get these jobs without experience, and having demo traded, you probably have a better idea than those people about what the job involves. You'll also be more convincing in persuading the firm that you have a genuine interest in markets, and should have a lot of interesting things to talk about if you get an interview.

Conclusion: profitable demo trading will almost certainly be an advantage, but don't expect people to bend over backwards to give you a job based on theoretical performance - you'll still need to compete with other applicants.

i hate it when people says trading is a competition, its not like the applicants has learned the exactly same entry and exit technique, neither exactly the same view of the market. whenever there is potential setup, probably lots of trader will end up different decision anyway, its really not fair to justify market can be the place for the competition. when they came out with these bunch of loser and a winner, yet that doesnt mean a thing to the market movement anyway.

i hate it when people says trading is a competition, its not like the applicants has learned the exactly same entry and exit technique, neither exactly the same view of the market. whenever there is potential setup, probably lots of trader will end up different decision anyway, its really not fair to justify market can be the place for the competition. when they came out with these bunch of loser and a winner, yet that doesnt mean a thing to the market movement anyway.

I didn't mean that trading itself is a competitiion (it's debateable, but that's a subject for a different thread). I meant that getting a job as a trader is competitive - when you have 100 applicants for 1 job, it's hard to see how this isn't competitive - you need to be better than the other 99 to get hired.