How do we feel about Research In motion?

aparoid89

The price is now incredibly low compared to what it was a couple of years ago. It is trading at a PE multiple of 3.95, however the profits and revenues continue to increase. It seems that the markets are overly pessimistic due to the rise of the iphone and android which took away the blackberry's dominance. So is the stock undervalued?

Well the blackberry has lost its market dominance but it is still a very profitable company with growth in revenue and profits. The phone still has its edge in its security, its recognisable keyboards and its own data servers which help to set it apart from the crowd. The phone currently has a bad image right now, with the its operating system being perceived as inferior to Android and iOS, which is now being worked on by the new chief. The world of phones is highly unpredictable with those who were dominant quickly losing out with little sympathy from newcomers, but the price can't get much lower compared to Earnings

What do you think?

The price is now incredibly low compared to what it was a couple of years ago. It is trading at a PE multiple of 3.95, however the profits and revenues continue to increase. It seems that the markets are overly pessimistic due to the rise of the iphone and android which took away the blackberry's dominance. So is the stock undervalued?

Blackberry is now a brand in demand in only emerging markets - the developed markets are lost to iPhone and Android based smartphones from Samsung. The Playbook tablet was a dismal failure, and the Blackberry network failure last year was another nail in the coffin. What is left will be nailed by the iPhone5 and Google's moves once Motorola Mobility is in its bag after clearing regulatory scrutiny. As someone said on this thread, a falling knife for sure.

A picture says a thousand words.

Attachments

• rimm.png
    rimm.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 312
yeah i think RIM will come back, they are gathering lots of strategies advices from consulting firms, and come back again with a real strategy based on the core business. they changed the ceo founders to reel ceo now !
[PEG is in favor of Rim]. so i need to choose between apple and Rim, i choose RIM, but a recovery investment such as RIM, investors need to be patients, it takes of course lots of time.
cya guys

yeah i think RIM will come back, they are gathering lots of strategies advices from consulting firms, and come back again with a real strategy based on the core business. they changed the ceo founders to reel ceo now !
[PEG is in favor of Rim]. so i need to choose between apple and Rim, i choose RIM, but a recovery investment such as RIM, investors need to be patients, it takes of course lots of time.
cya guys

Statements like these are 100% contrary to what successful traders will advise you so the obvious question is how good is your track record at picking these bottom feeders. Or is this just your empty useless opinion?

There is a reason the stock is so low. It goes beyond just issues with market share and such. The company has been in free fall for a long time. The management has been asleep at the wheel. And now they are paying the price.

Can't imagine them coming back anytime soon.

It looks like there's a lot more positive things to look forward to and it appears that RIM might be gaining some traction at last.