How did they do it?

domaslan

Would any of the previous share competition winners be willing to share there reasons for why they picked a particular stock and how they picked entry and exit points?

It could be interesting to see which strategies are working?

I think it would be more intriguing to know how anyone could:

buy 8160 shares at 561p for a total of £45,777.60 on 1 Jul, 2:02 pm and sell 8160 at 0p for a total of £0.00 on 4 Jul, 8:03 am for a total loss of -£3,846,524.55

or

buy 85836 at 58.25p for a total of £49,999.47 on 1 Jul, 8:00 am and sell 85836 at 0p for a total of £0.00 on 5 Jul, 8:03 am for a total loss of -£314,550.00 and still have a total worth of £0.53 ?

All starting with £50,000 ? Any who can do that must be a superb stock picker.

mmm.
Bob (or is it Jacob?) Marley does seem to have been shortchanged by the system.
No doubt Sharky will sort it out.

In relation to Domaslan's question is it not the case that the majority of people who partake in the share competition do so:
1) for a bit of fun
2) to test out their systems
3) to learn from the way that others trade.
There are undoubtedly several individuals that have done well and it may be possible to uncover the reasons for their trade by simple observation. The current leader, Stantheman's NWD trade was clearly (correct me I'm wrong) a long awaited bounce which he got out of too early - but that's the way it goes. Perhaps he'll share with us why he was looking at this stock at that particular time?
I presume that the basis of the original question, Domoslan, relates to the ultimate question of "How can I do such deals and make real money?"
That is where reality kicks in - how many people are trading penny shares? In this virtual game the risks are zero. Did Stantheman place that trade for real - with hindsight it looks good but how many would have put £50k on that bounce? Have a look at the chart.

One of the good aspects of this game is that the trades are visible. Other such sites (Bullbearings, for example) keep the info hidden. Competitors make massive (apparent) gains and no-one is any the wiser.

Given the number of views of this thread compared to the number of replies, you are not going to get any real insight into your question, Domaslan.

One thing to take note of is the number of competitors below their starting capital compared to the number above. Don't just look at the winners - try to understand why people lose also.

Ale,

Thanks for your input.

Of course i'd love to be able to do these trades for real and make a killing, but that is all to come in the future (maybe, if im lucky).

The only way i go about picking trades is by looking on the bbc news web site and seeing what companies are making headlines. Im almost certain that there are better ways than this.

For example: Are there websites that tell you which shares are likely to move? I do know where i can find info on what companies are due to report and other things like that, but i dont really know how to interpret the info. I assume that others do.

//Quote// Stantheman's NWD trade was clearly (correct me I'm wrong) a long awaited bounce //Quote//
Why was he looking for this bounce. I had no idea that it has moved previously so was not looking for a bounce. I understand that if i had seen NWD's history in a chart then maybe i could also have expected this, but i would not intentionally have pulled up that stocks chart.

thanks

Dom.

I'm going to fix marley's trade now - that £314,550.00 loss seems to have somewhat dented his total worth :eek:

Dom,
I have sent you a personal reply - have you checked your Private Messages?
Ale

domaslan said:
Ale,

Thanks for your input.

Of course i'd love to be able to do these trades for real and make a killing, but that is all to come in the future (maybe, if im lucky).

The only way i go about picking trades is by looking on the bbc news web site and seeing what companies are making headlines. Im almost certain that there are better ways than this.

For example: Are there websites that tell you which shares are likely to move? I do know where i can find info on what companies are due to report and other things like that, but i dont really know how to interpret the info. I assume that others do.

//Quote// Stantheman's NWD trade was clearly (correct me I'm wrong) a long awaited bounce //Quote//
Why was he looking for this bounce. I had no idea that it has moved previously so was not looking for a bounce. I understand that if i had seen NWD's history in a chart then maybe i could also have expected this, but i would not intentionally have pulled up that stocks chart.

thanks

Dom.