Hotspot FX

I prefer lava and currenex and tend to get better fills with these two. Recently when it is very volatile or news has just come out hotspot seems to lose all prices for a few seconds.

Really, I'll have a look at the other 2 then cheers.

I just downloaded the demo and not sure if the live platform is different but I didn't like the layout at all.

wasp said:
Really, I'll have a look at the other 2 then cheers.

I just downloaded the demo and not sure if the live platform is different but I didn't like the layout at all.

For hotspot or one of the others?

Hotspot.

Couldn't see a currenex demo and not yet looked at lava.

Hotspot FX offers:

* Direct high-speed anonymous executions.
* Real-time instant markets: click and trade live prices, or
* Enter bids/offers inside the current bid/offer spread
* Professional order execution/fills.
* Leverage as high as 50:1
* Real time news and charting services.
* Minimum account deposit of $7,500
* Low transaction costs.
*1-3 pip spread on majors.

Currenex does not offer direct retail connection you are required to go through a whitelable partner so if you take a demo direct from the currenex website it could be very much different in terms of liquidity and functionality once you actually sign with one of their partners.

HotSpot FX is a non-dealing desk broker. Despite the high minimum deposit they beat all the dealing desk brokers that offer "zero" commission, 500:1 leverage etc... and trade against their clients.

jebigabre said:
HotSpot FX is a non-dealing desk broker. Despite the high minimum deposit they beat all the dealing desk brokers that offer "zero" commission, 500:1 leverage etc... and trade against their clients.

keep in mind you have hotspotfxi & hotspotfx

turbo

Here what I don't understand about hotspot. when you go on their website they have 2 different platforms: 1) for institutional clients and 2) retail clients.

In the first platform they clearly say that they are an ECN. However in the retail clients website they say NOTHING. I don't think they are a ECN for retail client.

can anyone confirm that?

As far as i know retail part of HS was bought by FXCM i think..Check Interactive Brokers..I am with them for few months and they are more than decent.They have ECN...
Cheers,
VTK