Here goes Again

TomTom

Established member
At low levels I buy agrssivly Footsie at 3845
Same with Dow at 7920

In this for the longer term (5-9 days )

Reason for this we are at near the lows of the year and it is seasonly a good time to buy.

Lets see how this maps out.

TomTom

Indeed these trades are though a SB company ( dam did I say that )

Not a scalp trade but a postion trade .

Are you saying you are just going to leave these trades open with out any limit and wait for them to turn a profit, say sometime next week?

I guess with a big enough account and a Dec contract you have quite a while to ride out any further falls. Dow currently at 7745.

Do many people trade like this?

Hi again TomTom - You might have seen I trade using a set portfolio of patterns - if they don't occur, not trade for me. A major reason for this is I want to develop a style that works every week of the year, regardless of market volatility, trend etc. But buying at/near the lows of the year suggests the exact opposite - this can only truly work once a year, as there is only one annual low?

So what is the low of the year anyway? Surely, the Dow hit year's low on 14 July? did you buy then on same reasoning?

You have courage though.

Hi tomorton.
Been a buyer and a seller of any rallies
Like i say this is a postion trade and will be held for at least untill mid week of 23/11/08
Did not see the massive sell on the dow lastnight, but still in there. LONG
Will be adding to footsie later when it goes above 3850.
Similar story with Dow.
Take note of the time of year everyone.
All buy stops have been taken out with not much downside I buy agressively here.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A POSTION TRADE

LOOKING FOR FOOTSIE TO GET ABOVE 4000 Ithe next three days.:smart:
Will be happy for dow to trade above 8250 in the next three days.:smart:

This will be my last postion trade of the year:-0

FROM early december i will be taking some hollidays in the sun before xmas to get ready for 2009.

If the trade goes wrong the holiday will be in the sunny side of Blackpoole LOL:mad:

50 pts to go for 4000 , banking some profits now on footsie and dow = now in profit on tis trade.
Will come back for afternoon session.

Well we got 8050 on the Dow
It was a little bit of a roller coaster trade, however the system worked this time.
Will be adding even more to these Index's if current levels are maintained ( 8000 and 4000)

Well closed out the foosie and Dow trades for nice profits.
300 on Dow and 150 on footsie.

Please note you knoe my style now ( add and add to these trades when in profit , the account swells and balloons fast when addopting this stratogy when the market is in your favor )
Allways average ones postion when using this statogy. And never add to a loosing trade unless the account can handle the affects of it turning out sour .....

Have a gr8 week , all done and finished for the week and taking some holliday time .........

Thankyou for all who follow me...Tom