Hello everyone ....

jcder

Hi,

my name is Jan and I'm from Munich Germany and here in this forum for the first time. I spent all morning, up until now browsing and reading the various topics and I must say I'm totally baffled.

The main reason for wanting to "inform" myself about trading is that I would like to structure my trading methodology. I am an absolute amateur, know very little, if anything at all about trading, structure, styles and methodologies.
I have however been trading for over 15 months now shaving started at the "depressive" end of 2008 I initially invested invested $14.6K into a range of companies I was familiar with, all tech stocks. AAPL, GOOG, ORCL, HPX, IBM and JAVA and continued trading these on a daily basis through 2009. I bought and sold according to hearsay, rumors and information on the internet I traded these stocks on the basis of Google Charts and Yahoo Finance. I must of bought and sold GOOG, AAPL and ORCL 30 times each over 2009, JAVA I bought at the first rumor of being acquired by ORCL.

To cut a long story short I made a small fortune and netted over $185K during 2009, all this without spending to much time and energy, most of which I made on the JAVA - ORCL deal.

I understand 2009 was a "special" year and that 2010 will be different, therefore would of liked to make use a "method" or style.

Anyway I will start of with $35K initial investment and focus on a maximum of 12 stocks, all companies I know about and have experience with as a basis, in these I shall roughly invest 20K continuously. the other 15K will be invested into, well what I see as possible interesting stocks, short term, possibly on a day to day basis, possibly 8-10

My main objective is a minimum average profit of $100 a day with which I will be more than happy, this will be my main indicator for the first quarter.

Up until today, January 18th and from January 1st I have been able to achieve that easily and although I do see possibilities for higher profits at this point in time I first need to "formalize" a system and get familiar with it, once done I will see if I can raise my daily average to a higher point.

I have read through a lot of system and methods and like I said I'm a bit baffled.
so recapping;

Portfolio of 12 "main funds" ORCL MSFT GOOG AAPL CSCO BMC HPQ AMZN EMC STX WDC SYNA AMD INTC

and a further 8-10 of which the following have been identified; F C RIMM BAX SUSQ (more will be added)

Stock trades only; no options, futures, Forex etc.

I have setup an account with IB

Having sold my share in my company I am now a "man of leisure" and have all the time in the world

I enjoy the "vibe" of trading very much

I realize that GREED is the straightest path to failure and loss

I have all the Hardware in place as well as 2 internet connections in a perfectly comfortable environment.

Any pointers here?

Ps. English is not my main-, or even secondary language so sorry for form-,spelling and grammatical mistakes.

Many thanks in advance

Greetings

Jan

Congratulations on your trading success Jan (and your good English).

Maybe 2009 was not a typical year, but maybe because there is no such thing. But the factors you looked at to make a decision on a particular day of the week in a particular month last year will occur again. You obviously used the information you had very well last year. Is it possible you could simply build on your strong points and identify the good things you did in 2009 and form them into objective guidance or rules so that, when these same factors occur again, you simply follow your own guidance? Keep doing what you do well.

Two things to be careful of - 1) the target of a certain profit every day may affect your judgement 2) now you have more time to trade, you might feel you need to trade more.

Good luck!