Have I missed something

I think I understand your concerns - you don't want to be basing your TA decisions on a chart that's not showing accurate prices and on which a rising price isn't a reflection of buying/selling activity, its just a tactic by the broker to increase their profits.

I can't think these concerns would be so serious, even if you're right, that it would seriously harm your trading.

But here's an experiment. I SB with LCG. During the night they offer a market on what they brand as the "UK100", but its really the FTSE100, its just that it would be misleading and probably breach of trademark ownership legislation to call it that and market it as that. During the night the LCG UK100 is open - at exactly 0133 this morning, their M1 chart shows the SELL price as 7316.60. The chart does not display the then buy price.

Have a look at the IG chart, it would be interesting to learn how far apart these two firms' quotes were.

two firms
lets say firm 1 quotes 7123-7125
2nd 7125-7127
you trade with the 2nd and think they are always 2 points apart.
you go long at 7127 and all of a sudden,i dont know how they skewer it but now you have to buy back at 7123!

two firms
lets say firm 1 quotes 7123-7125
2nd 7125-7127
you trade with the 2nd and think they are always 2 points apart.
you go long at 7127 and all of a sudden,i dont know how they skewer it but now you have to buy back at 7123!

Another good reason why day-trading is the road to ruin?

You can short stocks with SB accounts, that you would not be able to do otherwise.

Hold the share in ISA and short the stock when trending in range. Best of both worlds (y)

You can short stocks with SB accounts, that you would not be able to do otherwise.

Hold the share in ISA and short the stock when trending in range. Best of both worlds (y)

Yeah right on. And trade 100 ES contracts at a time because that market is so liquid. Report back to us on your success from your yacht, buddy.