Has Spreadbetting Become A Con ?

ANGELO said:
the answer to this is simple, at the begining of the thread I believed it was , but now I believe it is just leveraged product , but Im the one without the lever.......
until I can change my reality with a different strategy then this is where it will remain , but since you live in RADLETT and I live 20 mins away I would love to meet up with you ,so you can expand my reality , I always keep an open mind , thats why I asked for constructive advice .

its been great talking with you citytrader! :D

Yeah, sure - let's have a beer one lunch time? I'm away most of this week coming up, but send me a PM the following week, and we'll try and organise soemthing.

I tried IG index for a week last December and their rolling positions operate in the same way as CMC although their overnight finance charges regime (Based upon LIBOR) differ slightly. The way u describe your experience seems like a day trade and not a rolling position .
Why does everyone who is having a bad time think that spreadbetting companies are con artists who are ripping off the poor punter ?...they are not like conventional bookies ( who need us to lose so that they win ) ... spreadbetting companies ( in theory) could have all their clients make money while they can still turn a profit by laying off their liabilities to a bigger market with a smaller spread than they charge us..that is why in CMC s case they try to educate us in the winning ways so we are successful (yes they do)...would a conventional bookie do this ? ....
CMC have paid me more than i have paid them since 2003 ....does not seem to bother them ....no threats of account closure as with a conventional bookie