Give me 1-2 days and I'll buy you $1billion of physical Gold

anley

I'm getting sick and tired of all this talk about there being no physical Gold or Silver to buy (in bulk).

But give me 1-2 days and I can buy you $1billion in Gold effortlessly (cash upfront of course). How? I’d buy you around 7,500 of the Dec futures which equates to about $1billion and then wait for the metal to be delivered.

The volume yesterday for the Dec was around 42,000 so to buy 7,500 over 2 days wouldn't be so much of a problem.

So why isn't anyone doing it, why are they all whinging about there being no Gold/Silver to buy in bulk?

Assuming someone did buy 7500 contracts I admit they might have trouble delivering but that's their problem and they should understand a) the rules of the game before getting involved and b) just how serious it is to break the rules of an official exchange.

So if they can't deliver I'd be generous and offer them an out, say $300 above where the spot is at that time :)

I tell you the Gold and Silver market shorts are there to be taken by people willing to accept delivery on large quantities of the metal..............

In the general market, talk to some of the Gold dealers, they'll tell you. Also, try to buy £100k+ of physcial and you'll soon hear all the excuses.

I do admit though that buying pyhsical as delivered via Comex and then making this available for the retail market can't be done that quickly, still as much of the metal as you want is available if you take delivery.

Are you sure they're not just hoarding it for themselves?

It is such a silly thing, gold. I'll never understand it...

wouldn't this be a pretty easy way to corner the market? Not suggesting that one should, but if there is such a liquidy diffrerence (premium) between spot and futures this would be a pretty easy way to clean up, right?

hi all, ive been reading silver bullion is going to explode and it could happen any time sounds pretty convincing too...watch a few of the videos on you tube! there are some well respected people like peter schiff, marc faber etc.. who are saying gold and silver are going very high as mr bernanke continues weakening the dollar with 'stimulus' lol!
What do you all reckon?