george best is dead

Then Zzaxx, having had an act of remembrance 'foisted' on them, they should have had the common decency to allow it to pass quietly, if only out of respect for the majority who thought it worth the effort. There's a significant difference between choosing not to honour the silence, and actively jeering it.

I've spoke to several people about the sad death of George Best in the last few days. Most of these people held what I consider the rather harsh opinion that they have no sympathy for the man, as he brought about his own ill-health through his addiction.

I do not think that George Best in recent years at least, was a good role model, but find it very sad that a human life should end in such pathetic circumstances, and at a relatively young age. It should also be remembered that people die due to similar causes every day of the week, and often at a much younger age.

To me, George's death serves as a sombre reminder for people who abuse their bodies with alcohol/drugs, unhealthy food, and who do not place a commitment to a healthy diet, and their own physical health and well-being high on their list of priorities.

DoubleSix said:
I think I might start a thread for Duncan Edwards, Tommy Taylor et al
Joking aside, that's the whole point.

How many other sporting celebs of yesteryear would have evoked a response such as this on their death?