General info about softs

london88

Sorry of this is not the right place but I am looking for some help and pointers. I am a new trader did a bit of spread betting at home but have always had an incling for softs. I am now at the stage where I have time on my hands and would like to learn a lot more.

Can you point about some good litterature on softs in particular.Books on futures and options are all to easy to come by.

Where, if anywhere can I download historical data to view trends and run some statistical analysis.

Any help and pointers are much appreciated.

Many thanks.

General info on softs would be this book:
Amazon.com: Trading in Soft Commodity Futures: Bernard C. Savaiko: Books
though more useful would be Reuters An Introduction to the Commodities, Energy and…Amazon.co.uk: London, UK, Reuters Limited: Books
excellent book, focuses on physical commodities in a very practical way... stuff like shipping, cash markets etc all covered very well.

for more targeted stuff sign up for the various newsletters available, like the ICO (coffee) newsletter, I can't remember the ones for cocoa, sugar etc, but they're out there...

market commentary periodicals are useful when starting out too like Agri-Food Value View
Commodity Futures Forecast
Price Perceptions

jesus I just noticed how expensive the reuters book is! any offers for my copy welcome :)

OOUCH :cry:

Thanks for the info, I will have have a look around the links you provided and try and get myself informed. Wth regards to the book I will get back to you if I am interested . The price tag is astronomical but I suppose it is the best source of knowledge other than experience at this stage.

OOUCH :cry:

Thanks for the info, I will have have a look around the links you provided and try and get myself informed. Wth regards to the book I will get back to you if I am interested . The price tag is astronomical but I suppose it is the best source of knowledge other than experience at this stage.

ones bound to appear on ebay sometime.. its not worth £250.. must have collectable value or something. theres a lot of posts over on elitetrader and here as well on softs, and ags in general..

all the best