FTSE Groundhog Year

Yea its similar quite alot though specific dates is :LOL:

We wont fall as much but sideways or a downward bias from here seems more then likely

It could be a self fulfulling prophecy - on seeing this chart everyone starts shorting the market thereby driving it down.

Perhaps we'll carry on like this ad-finitum now!

Yea its similar quite alot though specific dates is :LOL:

We wont fall as much but sideways or a downward bias from here seems more then likely

Dates are close - You have to give it that - if they're even in the same month it's suprising

Sorry - I think you mean the most recent dates in May - Yes the sell off wasn't in May

We do now seem to have started a sell off in June (see how it goes) - But that means the rally was still 1000 pts in March to May

So we have until mid-July for the sell off to continue (if the dates get back on track !!)

I just meant I'd feel on safer ground comparing shape and movement rather the dates specifically. We're missing the big sideways strangeness for 08 so not sure if we'll now go quite so definitely down as 08

Which platform did you get that chart from ?

Last edited:
I just meant I'd feel on safer ground comparing shape and movement rather the dates specifically. We're missing the big sideways strangeness for 08 so not sure if we'll now go quite so definitely down as 08

Which platform did you get that chart from ?

Yes can't use specific dates, but the overall pattern is interesting

Chart is from IG - But they use the same/similar as prorealtime