Free Dell Monitor with OptionsHouse

tradermic

Hi.

I found this promo: http://landing.optionshouse.com/promo/dell
The small print says: "OptionsHouse reserves the right to debit any account that has received a DELL monitor and has either closed their account or withdrawn assets below the minimum qualifying funding level within 180 days of original funding date."

Actually I am lookng to open an Options account with OptionsXpress but this offer is quite good. I'm a UK citizen btw.

Do you think OptionsHouse is a reliable company? Any opinions would be good.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I guess you didn't read the small print?

Very few do, but this print is not small and is clear enough to me! I wonder if OptionsHouse is becoming a Dell dealer to improve its business. Whatever happens they get the retail price of a Dell out of it.

Choose your broker on the basis of your requirements: if they offer freebies then it's a bonus. (but why are they offering freebies?)

My suggestion would be to quit your efforts to outwit their "offer" and put that energy into trading - more profitable and satisfying in the long run. Just IMHO.

You want to lock up 5k minimum for 180 days to get a $300 monitor?

I wasn't that clear in my first post...:confused: I am looking to open a US based account for trading options anyway.
My actual question is if there are any major hidden catches with this offer that you or anyone else may have experienced. And if OptionsHouse is any good (not many reviews on the net).

So why did you ask about closing the account rather than if the company is any good? Your priority should be a good reliable service rather than freebies. I'd personally prefer to go for a site which didn't need to entice people to set up accounts.

So why did you ask about closing the account rather than if the company is any good? Your priority should be a good reliable service rather than freebies. I'd personally prefer to go for a site which didn't need to entice people to set up accounts.

What brokerage do you recommend for a UK citizen?