Forex Help

Kingwizz

Hi all. I am fairly new to the currency markets in terms of trading basic lots. My aim is to produce a yearly average of 500 pips profit a month trading. Taking into account 50pip stop losses. This figure is likely to be higher though it's better to be safe that sorry. In terms of keeping a fairly medium risk profile (No margins) what would you think this equates to in terms of % return on an over bank?

At the moment I have it down as 5% - trading only one trade at a time (So not to trade against myself) & using the whole bank in each trade. That means that if I lose 500 pips in a month it is only 5% loss. Does this sound reasonable? Thanks for any help.

Perhaps I've misread something.

Can you give me an example? Say you start with £10k in the bank...

No problems. Thanks for your help. So an example; I long GBP/USD at 1.9815 It moves to 2.0000 which means my trade is closed @ 150pips profit (which is my aim). Trading with £10k bank. I put everything in on one-trade (No Margins) & to me that means a profit of 1.5% or £150. Is this a reasonable risk profile? I'm aiming at medium risk. Baring in mind that after reading through the countless fund manager guides I have, I don't think a loss of 10% in the course of a few months seems bad (Which in a rough time is what I would look at achieving). I know that markets can turn but with a 50pip stop loss I'm only really looking at losing £50 in one go on £10K bank.

I've not traded without margin on forex so hopefully someone with more experience of doing this can answer. You are supposed to risk no more than 1% of your account per trade so if you do that then there shouldn't be a problem (assuming you pull the position once it hits your stop).

Cheers mate. That sounds about right with me. If you don't mind me asking what sort of profit do you aim for in a month? (In Pips & Return on Bank). Thanks Again,

Forget about profits for the moment. You need to worry about not losing too much.

When I started out, I just thought about how much I could earn a day.

Cheers mate. That sounds about right with me. If you don't mind me asking what sort of profit do you aim for in a month? (In Pips & Return on Bank). Thanks Again,

Theres something that i learnt, the best trading method to really make money is a very boring tradingtype. Spot for trends, use ur MAs/stochastic/RSI to identify the trend direction and failures. Some ppl may say that my way is not a smart trading way like those using bots and softwares. But it worked for me. I mean come on..if u have something to tend to, then don't trade. U also have sat/sun to enjoy when the market is closed. My average pips a day is between 50-120. And I am a naked, rubber band/ swing trader who doesn't put Stop losses or take profits because I know i'll be there to monitor the movements. Once my MAs/stochastic/RSI tallies, than i'll make my move and sometimes its inaccurate but end of the day I make a profit rather than losses. The kind of losses I don't mind is Loss In Profits and not ur Capital. I hope this is a bit of a help. May the force be with u.

avextrex

Thanks for the advice avextrex - though I think you would probably be better off proofing in the suicide forum. I would say at least with Russian Roulette the odds are in you favour!

Thanks for the advice avextrex - though I think you would probably be better off proofing in the suicide forum. I would say at least with Russian Roulette the odds are in you favour!

AHhahahaha..you're welcome..well if u'r looking for easy money without hardwork first...
then all i can say...Happy Losing Money...*smiles*

I was more concerned about the "No stops" or "No Take profits". I mean what if in 1 minute a market turns 300 pips because some bad news is released. Instead of losing 50pips with your stop loss - you've just got decked by someone from the bank of Iraq. If it works for you then I have no criticisms. Personally with such a loose trading style I would find it difficult to calculate my risk properly.

Theres something that i learnt, the best trading method to really make money is a very boring tradingtype. Spot for trends, use ur MAs/stochastic/RSI to identify the trend direction and failures. Some ppl may say that my way is not a smart trading way like those using bots and softwares. But it worked for me. I mean come on..if u have something to tend to, then don't trade. U also have sat/sun to enjoy when the market is closed. My average pips a day is between 50-120. And I am a naked, rubber band/ swing trader who doesn't put Stop losses or take profits because I know i'll be there to monitor the movements. Once my MAs/stochastic/RSI tallies, than i'll make my move and sometimes its inaccurate but end of the day I make a profit rather than losses. The kind of losses I don't mind is Loss In Profits and not ur Capital. I hope this is a bit of a help. May the force be with u.

avextrex

You've achieved all that in less than 3 weeks since asking what a stoploss is?! Very impressive if it's true. Care to share how you made such progress so quickly?