Firefox

wasp

Legendary member
I have just switched over to Firefox and I'm findining it slower than IE.

Is it just me or is it normally like this? Its only another 5/10 seconds slower loading pages etc but enough to be noticible. My laptop only started slowing down after I changed and I'm sure its not my broadband....

Anyone else notice it...?

Deepnet (in my experience) is much better than either Firefox, or IE. I am also running a laptop

Im exactly the opposite just started using firefox 2 days ago, IE is pants and Firefox is far quicker and I have far less pop ups and spyware to deal with.

Strange. I may try deepnet as the slowness of firefox will get on my nerves soon.

I have read complaints about Firefox being slow, but I never noticed any problem on the PC I have it on, you may also want to try Opera
http://www.opera.com/download/
I use it on my main two computers and prefer it to Firefox, they're all much of a muchness really, when IE 7 appears I may go back to IE

I have found that sometimes firefox doesn't end the processes properly, when you open/close windows and tabs, old processes are still running.

If it is running slow have a look at the processes, I usually just kill em and then reopen Firefox and it works okay then.

I do have lots of problems opening PDF files from firefox though

Except, my understanding is that IE is the least secure in terms of spyware etc, since most spyware is written for IE........

Except, my understanding is that IE is the least secure in terms of spyware etc, since most spyware is written for IE......
I'd say that make sense, if you are a hacker or spyware program writer then you are likely to invest your time in writing for the most popular browser out there, That is one of the reasons I chose Opera as my main browser, whilst it is gaining in popularity it is not moving nearly as fast as Firefox and it works as well as Firefox imo

I have tried Opera and deepnet and just little things about them I dodin't really like. Nothing in particular, just odd things but I quite like Firefox. The more I frequent sites the quicker they are actually working now. Which is nice.

Cheers Roguetrader that has sped it up quite a bit... At least as fast as IE used to be.