Eur/usd

charles-perry

Hey everyone!

Can someone talk me through whats happening with this currency pair? Trends, etc. I use technical analysis to make my returns but am losing the big picture. If someone could fill me in I would be interested to ask some more questions...

Also - your opinion on whats going to happen to this pair would bee great! (and why)

Alternatively, if you have a link/article etc that explains this trend well then please let me know. Your welcome to PM me also.

Thanks!

Depends what time frame you are looking at. I posted a daily chart and it shows EUR/USD stuck in a range from mid January. My personal opinion is it will break out of the range to the downside and at a minimum retest the 1.26 level shown as the low in the chart. When? I don't know. Why? Plenty of reasons but there's still much financial turmoil in the eurozone and any potential military conflicts in europe or Asia will send traders scrambling for USD sending EUR/USD down.

If you are trading shorter time frames then you have to take money off the table rather quickly. The pattern has been 30+ pips up then down, then back up, etc. Waiting for longer moves right now will just give you headaches. The MO has been no real moves until some news clip comes out or some politician type opens his/her mouth. The London trading session just ended was about the slowest in a very long time.

Just my 2 cents.

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd12.gif
    eurusd12.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 171
Interesting. Btw I use technical analysis rather then fundamental analysis and just stay clear of trading when big news comes out. haha I also do VERY short term trades rather then long term trades as your right its a pain in the ***. But this means I can't really 'explain' my trades - you know what I mean?

Is fuel prices a reason also? I saw a video about why fuel prices are going up and it said the $ was depreciating. Is that true? Does that mean the EUR is getting stronger? etc It also said there are always conflicts in Asia haha so thats not the reason... Ill try and send that video link if I find it again.