EUR/USD breakdown

sr3d

Hello everyone,

I missed today's big breakdown of the day, which occured around 8:00 - 8:30am EST. I wonder what was the fundamental reasons behind this big drop in price.

Thank you

Alex Le.

PS: please see attached chart

breakdown-2005.05.11-18.51.48.jpg

FXdancer said:
Most people lost money yesterday...

Speak for yourself, I was selling into strength up to 12900 the dollar is in an uptrend and I expect to see the Euro at 12200 by next month.

schoe said:
Speak for yourself, I was selling into strength up to 12900 the dollar is in an uptrend and I expect to see the Euro at 12200 by next month.

I'm with schoe! 1.2200 here we come!

thanks for the all comments. I've been watching the EUR/ USD pair for the past few weeks and it seems to go bearish now. I just wonder if I have missed the breakdown opportunity to follow the trend.

SAINT, you seem to be very confident about the bearish trend. Just wonder about your rational behind it. On my 1day chart, RSI is bearish but it's at 32 which in my opinion, the EUR/USD price will bounce up for a little bit before heading south. RSI in the 1hr chart is also very oversold for the past 2 days.

As oil price is approaching the lower Boilinger band, i think the price may bounce up in the next few days, thus the dollars will be weakened for a little bit before it can strengthen. Nonetheless, oil price is in a very down trend fashion, which I hope will help the dollars become stronger.

So please feel free to post your comments/ analys on the EUR/ USD trend.

Alex