equity curve

tightstops

does anyone know where i can find a website or a package of any kind that allows me to plot a grath of an accounts equity. did a search and couldnt find anything. a programme or webpage as simple as allowing me to input a number (accounts value) after each trade or end of day and press enter to then have a grath show on the screen. a picture of the ups and downs of my account.
thanks

does anyone know where i can find a website or a package of any kind that allows me to plot a grath of an accounts equity. did a search and couldnt find anything. a programme or webpage as simple as allowing me to input a number (accounts value) after each trade or end of day and press enter to then have a grath show on the screen. a picture of the ups and downs of my account.
thanks
How about inputting into a spreadsheet like excel and then charting it?

thanks for the suggestion but never looked into how to work excel, know very little about computers. but if i cant find anything ill be drawing it onto graph paper which wont take long but will limit me to only an eod chart. is not uncommon for me to make hundreds of trades in a day so would be impracticle to record after every trade which would be ideal. not sure why something like this doesnt seem to be available. for any of you programmers out there this could be a very profitable project and not necessarily sold just to individuals, brokers are always looking for a bonus to offer their customers and this would be a nice little touch for a platform.
this must be possible and would be my perfect scenario:
3 boxes to be filled in:
1)which instrument ____ (typed here would be abbrev ie dow, eu etc)
2)amount risked____ (here the difference between entry and stop times stake cash or %)
3)return____
e.g.
d
the programme could display an equity curve for all trades made, just trdaes for the dow, a chart for every trade or just eod. basically you could look at your performance every which way in graph form.
all this could be done manually but to have a programme that just allowed you to write d,100,0 and then a chart appeared in any way you chose in any time period since you started recording would be great. theres got to be thousands of people who would pay a few tenners for the convenience. maybe roi for people whod like that. if a broker picked this up it wouldnt even be necessary to type in anything since all trades are recorded as made

there must be someone out there who charts their progress. links to anything basic anything at all would be appreciated

I just use Excel. Must admit that if you're doing a hundred trades a day, you'd have to enter each profit and loss figure separately unless you get an overall figure at the end of each day.

ETA: sod it, I'm feeling generous. You can buy me a pint if you find it useful. My (slightly adjusted) spreadsheet attached. If you spot any errors, let me know. Demo figures included so you can see how it works. Also, includes 10 day moving average line. Shouldn't have any virus attached and doesn't have any macros. It is simple... like me. :cheesy:

Attachments

• equity recorder.xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,167
Last edited:
thanks shadowninja but all i get when i try to open it is windows cannot open this file windows needs to know what programme created it etc.

If you spot any errors, let me know.
Yo Shadow',
No errors as such but, by applying some elementary T.A. to your equity curve, I've concluded that all is not as well as it could be with 'Shadowninja Trading LLC'. The trend line is clearly breached and if support isn't found around the £400 level, you could find queues of anxious investors on a par with Northern Rock - outside your front door anytime soon!
:cheesy:
Tim.

Attachments

• Shadow's Equity Curve.jpg
    Shadow's Equity Curve.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,677
:cheesy:

I hearby give notice of my resignation. In accordance with my contract, I will pay myself $16.7 million.

yeah thanx i will sample the equity recorder looks good
if any of u got a better one or upgraded version please holla