EL codes on Tradestation

Grey1

This is a new forum for users of TS.. The idea of having this forum is to study various strategies/ money managment/Risk modelling , statistical trading and .... other isuues relavent to trading to make us $$$$$$ for the users of TS...

I have few strategies which I have collected during previous years and i be posting them as we go along ...

Please keep this forum free of political issues...

PS:-- You may also post any TS questions on this forum ..I am sure someone will reply ..

The first strategy I will be adding is the reaction to a sharp rise on a price of a security .. The code will isolate these patterns and signals them as a 9 step Short position as follow..

STRATEGY

TAKE A SHORT POSITON WHEN THE FIRST DOWN BAR APPEARS...

Those of you who are familiar with my previous posts know my thoughts ON correlation and strength of PAST to FUTURE.. SO LOOK AT THIS STRATEGY JUST AS AN APPROXIMATION AND DO NOT BET YOUR HOUSE ON IT..

Attachments

• ftse.jpg
    ftse.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 221
This is the code written by a polish chap

Attachments

• short set up.doc
    24 KB · Views: 133
This strategy does not trade often but you can rotate the strategy amongst your core datebase of stocks you wish to trade and find one which exhibits the above pattern ..

YHOO just one signal

Attachments

• yhoo.jpg
    yhoo.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 175
NASDAQ..
And the list goes on and on and on ......

Attachments

• nasdaq.jpg
    nasdaq.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Blimey! And I just had a good moan to TS about them not getting involved with BB's in the UK. Good stuff. I'll be joining in.

Grey1,

Good stuff. I'll certainly be joining in. Don't want to waste those years of learning EasyLanguage :D Years incidentally, where you discover that 95%+ of strategies you care to think of don't actually work :cry:

Paul

Fowkesp

Market moves from inefficiency to efficiency fast to allow day traders execute the trades.. It is not that a certain strategy works or not, it is really matter of whether one can capitalize on them ..

I am glad we have two members. already ..

An awesome buy signal from the strategy on DOW today would suit SB traders..

9 step long signal generated and isolated by the strategy .. The system might not trade long again on DOW but one can rotate his data base of core stocks to find similar situations...

Attachments

• dow.jpg
    dow.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
4 Good signals for CSCO on 1 minute

Attachments

• csco1.jpg
    csco1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited: