Driving Licence

ketank

Hi all,

I have a paper driver license, is it compulsory for me to upgrade to a photo card? The website is quite useless it only refers to upgrading if it’s in need of name change or lost but not for general validity.

And it cost £19.00

ketank said:
Hi all,

I have a paper driver license, is it compulsory for me to upgrade to a photo card? The website is quite useless it only refers to upgrading if it’s in need of name change or lost but not for general validity.

And it cost £19.00
It does not matter whether you hold a paper licence or a new photocard licence just so long as it is valid for the time you need to have it available to you. DVLA now only issues photocard driving licences. Paper licences already in circulation will remain valid provided their details are correct. However, if you need to replace your paper licence for any reason .Such as if you move address, just complete a special application form (D750).and you don't need to pay for address change.

I read somewhere this week end that some countries in Europe require the photo card version, if you were planning a trip overseas.