Downloading Data from Reuters.

Kinger

I’m still trying to get my head around the whole download business, having been using other charting software I’m finding the process a bit long winded.

I’ve subscribed to the European & American stocks, but can’t get them downloaded to my machine from Reuters.

I’m obviously missing the way you download all the data to your machine so you can use in off line mode. According the the manual you should get them one at a time ?

At the moment, I'm connecting to Reuters for each individual stock, which takes about 6 minutes to download and show each stock with just 24 months of data ??!?!?

Very frustrating, please can someone shed some light, please!!! :confused:

Thanks in advance K.

I’m still trying to get my head around the whole download business, having been using other charting software I’m finding the process a bit long winded.

I’ve subscribed to the European & American stocks, but can’t get them downloaded to my machine from Reuters.

I’m obviously missing the way you download all the data to your machine so you can use in off line mode. According the the manual you should get them one at a time ?

At the moment, I'm connecting to Reuters for each individual stock, which takes about 6 minutes to download and show each stock with just 24 months of data ??!?!?

Very frustrating, please can someone shed some light, please!!! :confused:

Thanks in advance K.

Hi there K,

I assume you sorted all of this out by now?

Basically, "The downloader" is what you are looking for. You create the securities list again in a folder on your PC and then tell the downloader where it is. You then load the downloader each time you want to update the data and so long as you have set up your username and password correctly, the data will be downloaded to your PC for all the securities in the folder you created. . This is all in the documentation that comes with the downloader. Equis will send it to you the software and manuals if you do not have it as it is essential to make everything a lot quicker and less hassle.

Hope that helps but i think you probably sorted it yourself based on the age of the post!

thanks

G