Divergence System for eSignal users

Tricky1on1

Here is a system I use for trading the S&P 500 emini.

I use this system on a 144 tick chart.... if you don't already have the *.efs you can email me and I will send them to you [email protected]

1. apply emini trade pivots to your chart (you can email me for the pivots study)
2. apply camerilla trade pivot to your chart
3. Mark the 8:30 (central time) open price with horizontal line
4. Measure the 1/2 GAP from open price to GAP (use Fib tool to calculate 50%)
5. Apply the Ergodic study to the chart (you can email me for the ergodic study)

Rules: these rules are for short entries. For long, inverse all the short conditions

Entry:
1. look for divergence in the ergodic. Make sure the price has made a higher high and the ergodic has made a lower high. Image: 2009-05-02_0113

2. only enter if price has come with in 2 tics of the pivot or has touched pivot.

3. wait for confirmation candle green for long and red for short

4. enter when white MACD crosses the Ergodic MA's (pink lines) Image: 2009-05-02_0124

Trade management rules:
2 contract strategy
stop loss of 7 tic
1st target at 2 tics
2nd target at the 1.272 fib extention
once 1st target is done move remaining stop to -4 tics

image: 2009-05-02_0134

If you have any question or you want the heads up on other good systems please feel free to contact me [email protected]

PS you must backtest this yourself. I will not take responsability for losses and all the goverment bla bla associated! Make sure it works for you and you are happy before committing real money.

Last edited:
Seems that the risk/reward is a bit stingy

It keeps you with a low risk when trades go against you and leaves you open when they move in your favour.

It works very well... remeber that it is a scalping method not a swing method