Day Traded 6hrs

lockstock

today mainly scalping on Ninja Trader with Zen Fire as the back end.

Had time to fix some metal sheet profiles to a wood store, in between.

Anyway, I digress, I am testing out this software, and was trading the Dow YM started off fairly aggressively, trading 4 lots, then downed it to 2 in the afternoon.Nothing gun-ho and traded it as I would have done if it was my hard earned.

Total P/L $ 1185 +

Here's a screen shot of some of my trades, as you can see, made just about every top and bottom swing, only failure, was to jump out too early on a lot of the trades.

Ninja_trading1.gif

screen capture tool request

What screen capture tool do you use?

today mainly scalping on Ninja Trader with Zen Fire as the back end.

Had time to fix some metal sheet profiles to a wood store, in between.

Anyway, I digress, I am testing out this software, and was trading the Dow YM started off fairly aggressively, trading 4 lots, then downed it to 2 in the afternoon.Nothing gun-ho and traded it as I would have done if it was my hard earned.

Total P/L $ 1185 +

Here's a screen shot of some of my trades, as you can see, made just about every top and bottom swing, only failure, was to jump out too early on a lot of the trades.

Ninja_trading1.gif

Sorry gents for not keeping up with things.

Here's a few more screen shots.

On the above I was using primarily, experience,( exhaustion and working with the main trend) candlesticks, and trendlines. As for the exits, mainly scalping, so when a 10 pip profit showed I was out of there. Which looking back, I was in at most of the tops- and bottom pivots, and would have gainded a lot more if I had hung around.

The following screen shots are of the performance log for that day, as you can see, 82% success rate over 61 trades.

The following days performance log, there is a success rate of 72% rate, but yet a disparity with the amount earned, that is because one trade got away with me, I had set a stop loss with the dom and it never activated, so in stead of being 6 pips out, I was many!! At one point I was $1800 to the defecit. I traded on and off for the next 4 hrs and pulled it all back, and ended up on the day £ circa $345 to the good ( It could have been a lot more) But was happy to see this demo account back in the positive for the day.

For the three days I traded, and I would have said about 11 hrs total on some software I was feeling my way around I ended up with a net profit of $1770, that roughly equates to £80 and hour.( less commision)

Now who is to say that I can replicate it with my own money, well I don't know if I can or not. I traded as if it was my own money, I think you need enough in your account to be able to relax and to concentrate on the entries and exits.

Trading_performance.gif

Trading_perf.gif

I use print key for the screen capture!

Last edited:
i had started to test ninja, but couldnt get the danged thing to work correctly and so dropped the experiment

did you or the program create the trend lines and pennant patterns ?

how quickly do support and resistance lines come up -- ie: enough time to actually play them ?

thnx, while i have MT4 set up pretty much the same way, and my quotetracker charts, the fact that one can automate trading with an ecn thru ninja is appealing.

any info appreciated

mp

mp6140, watcha.

Yeah, the 11 hours I spent trading, a lot of that was consumed by repeatledly asking question after question on the NT support website. 41 in total, I think they were getting a little pippped off with me in the end :) There are still a few things I am not 100% on, most importantly the auto trail/stops etc.

One thing that did concern me was when Zen went down, and I was left with out a feed, NT tell you it's nothing to do with them, they only provide the front end. Just glad I was not in a real trading situation.

I have also subscribed to 'Open- tick', so it may be when I get up and running I will be able to switch to them if the problem resurfaces.

Re: the trendlines, I placed them on the chart myself. The other thing you can capitalise on is the indecision in the market, I love the high wave candles, 'tis like a tug of war, heads you win, tales you win.

I tell you what I am having a look at, an add on called' kwik pop', supposedly gives you the pivot swings, highs and lows, virtually tells you when to go long or short, I am slightly suspiscious of the claims they are making,
I will be testing it some time tomorrow, I have it for free for 2 weeks. There are about a dozen other indicators you can add to the chart. I only loaded it yesterday, it looks promising, but that is on a static chart,( added them to the YM -06 30 min chart) will only be be able to really tell when we go live- just how good/ bad it is, and how early the buy and sell signals are.

Last edited:
Here's an image of the kwik pop chart in Ninja.

The Green and Black dots are buy and sell signals.

The bars at the bottom of the chart, are also buy and sell signals ( all supposedly based on momentum)

and the light blue line is a " water shed line" when all 3 of these indicators are in your favour, it is supposed to be a " no brainer" decision.

For example, if the green dot has appeared on the chart, and the bars below have turned blue, and the price action is above the light blue water shed line, then it's all systems go.

As you can see from this 10 min chart, taken a few mins ago, 2 out of the 3 meet the vendors buying criteria.

Conversely, the conditions were met at circa, 12 320 with the black dot and the red candle with the long wick, for selling the index.

It would be interesting to have the 2, 10, 15 and say 30 min charts all set with the same kwik pop indicators and see how it

kwik_pop.gif

Last edited:
Here's an image of the kwik pop chart in Ninja.

The Green and Black dots are buy and sell signals.

The bars at the bottom of the chart, are also buy and sell signals ( all supposedly based on momentum)

and the light blue line is a " water shed line" when all 3 of these indicators are in your favour, it is supposed to be a " no brainer" decision.

For example, if the green dot has appeared on the chart, and the bars below have turned below, and the price action is above the blue water shed line, then it's all systems go.

As you can see from this 10 min chart, taken a few mins ago, 2 out of the 3 meet the vendors buying criteria.

Conversely, the conditions were met at circa, 12 320 with the black dot and the red candle with the long wick, for selling the index.

It would be interesting to have the 2, 10, 15 and say 30 min charts all set with the same kwik pop indicators and see how it

============================================================

thank you -- appears to be a ma cross with rsi added buy signals -- should work decently

would imagine once you get its drift, youll figure how to have those charts open

mp

and the same chart this morning.

Only just opened it up, so don't know if the Black ( Pivot line) appearead straight away
or when the Black dot appeared, to give - an all systems go sell at 12 220.

kwik_pop1.gif

and the same chart this morning.

Only just opened it up, so don't know if the Black ( Pivot line) appearead straight away
or when the Black dot appeared, to give - an all systems go sell at 12 220.

kwik_pop1.gif

==================================================================

as you can see, the signals tend to come "late" which cuts back on profit but provides safety --- hard to have both without taking on more risk.

I would normally have taken the trade on the bounce off of resistance that lies before your dot since the sell side signals almost always are late with this type of system unless one uses different crossover values for long and short, which IS done, btw.

but no matter, as its still giving profit, and the other side of the equation is greed, and that can kill ya graveyard dead !

interesting though and since it works, thats all thats really needed, huh ?

enjoy and trade well

mp

You must remember, I am only trialing this add on, and as seen as he wants a truck load of dosh for it, and it that appears to be based loosely around the parabolic, and a few other momentum indicators, I think I'll stick with the base Ninja platform.

The above is a 10 min chart, the 2 min gave an earlier signal- I guess horses for courses. I guess after a while you would become accostomed to the colour scheme, but I feel sure you could replicate most of the above from kwik pop with out shedding out a load of money.

Hello Lockstock,
Interesting; my trading is somewhat like yours. Using Open Tick with Ninja Trader and Ensign for charting. Currently paper trading but hope soon to get back to opening my account again.
May trade tomorrow afternoon; if so, will send a chart or two.
Bob

Hey what moving averages are you using?? EMA?

What mvayou can see, the signals tend to come "late" which cuts back on profit but provides safety --- hard to have both without taking on more risk.

I would normally have taken the trade on the bounce off of resistance that lies before your dot since the sell side signals almost always are late with this type of system unless one uses different crossover values for long and short, which IS done, btw.

but no matter, as its still giving profit, and the other side of the equation is greed, and that can kill ya graveyard dead !

interesting though and since it works, thats all thats really needed, huh ?

enjoy and trade well

mp[/QUOTE]

Went live today with the Ninja and Zen-fire. Scalped $145 in a very jittery performance over 3hrs.

Was it me and first day jitters or was the market exceedingly frisky today?

lockstock, are you taking account of commissions? I noticed that there weren't any in your performance report, and they could make or break your profitability. It is possible to set up ninja to subtract commission from each trade when calculating your p/l.

Hi- fifty2aces,

The initial scrren shots were in simulator mode, and didn't have any set commision charges set for that. But now I am live, it is a different story.

Cheers.

I had always very positive figures at paper trading.... but when you move the real money around champaigne become very bitter :)

Last edited: