• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[Darwin] FLU by joyny

I've observed that the majority of investors in my Darwins tend to engage when there's been a recent surge in gains. However, it's crucial to understand that my Darwins should not be perceived merely as 'in trend'. If the equity line is exhibiting an 'up-trend', it invariably implies that a drawdown (DD) is imminent. A more strategic entry point would be during a drawdown, for example at 50% of the historical maximum drawdown.

Here are my Darwinex trading statistics for all my accounts over more than four years. The total profit is 33%. On average, I have earned 8% yearly on my trading capital, which was distributed across my 16 accounts (not all as Darwins):

darwinex_results.png

It took about 10 years when Jim Simons first began trading in earnest until Renaissance Technologies (RenTec) started to consistently generate significant profits. His initial trading endeavors commenced in the late 1970s, and he founded RenTec in 1982. However, it wasn’t until the late 1980s to early 1990s that his models fully matured and began delivering the phenomenal results for which RenTec is renowned.

In comparison, my own trading journey, now at the five-year mark, represents about half of the ten-year learning curve.

As Jim Rohn once said, "The true value is not in the money you earn from becoming wealthy, but in the knowledge, character, and personality you develop while striving toward your goals." Although my yearly 8% return does not currently surpass the S&P 500 12%, I have gained considerable knowledge from the experience.

I continue to learn and develop new strategies.

Last edited: