Cryptic Legends of the Stop Hunters

Torch

Hello folks. Been lurking for a while and it's absorbing stuff.

My question is probably more to anyone who has been using any given execution only platform
for quite a while. It is this- How real is this idea of ruthless/dodgy stop hunting on a day to day
basis, and is it a real problem or blown out of proportion?

I went to the FXCM seminar a couple of Saturdays ago, and they were emphasising all kinds of things, mainly how they had better execution than any rival and that their guaranteed stop losses
never slip. The crowd were impressed but the debate here has put a different spin on their angle. Are they more interested in your stops than in seeing you succeed?

Particularly interested in any longterm ACM or GFT users to comment as these are the two I'm considering as alternatives to my FXCM demo account. Cheers!

You can't have been lurking for that long as you only joined today ?

Paul

Thanks for pointing out the glaring inconsistencies in my post.

(To clarify, I previously lurked under another moniker, bidding my time.)

Last edited:
I was only joking, You are very welcome and I apologise if you felt otherwise.

Paul

No problem, you just caught me in an emotional moment. (Too much reality television I guess).

But you made me look back at my post and I can see I've not got across the real crux of the question.
Speaking as a forex new-boy, albeit one coming in with a gameplan, I've been trying to get a feel from this forum about these platforms.

FXCM over the course of three hours (including some nice fishy tortillas!) were definitely painting themselves as bona fide brokers, on our side, and able to offer customer service and 'excellence of execution' (quote) due to being the biggest players in the game. All their wages are in their spreads and hence the implication is our continued success is their success.

I would have thought that being able to bank on this as a given was one of the main reasons why anybody would choose FXCM's 5 point spreads over GFT's 3 point spreads (and 1 point SB roulette wheels like D4F). If the suggestion of regular and predatory stop-loss hunting is true then that's fine; but at least it would give me a better shot if I know this before I start using my real pocket money.

Grizzled FX veterans with any thoughts or pointers, please chip in.