Cornering the Market

lurkerlurker

I appear to have cornered the posts on the front page!

Totally accidental, and perhaps I am overposting, but the current main forum page shows that around 50% of the boards have me as the author of the latest post. I made a small screenshot of this, which is attached.

Edit - just realised I've added another one!

Attachments

• corner.png
    corner.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 241
I appear to have cornered the posts on the front page!

Totally accidental, and perhaps I am overposting, but the current main forum page shows that around 50% of the boards have me as the author of the latest post. I made a small screenshot of this, which is attached.

Edit - just realised I've added another one!

lurker

wouldn't have thought you had the time with all that studying and TRADING PLAN development :cheesy:

cheers

jon

Most certainly has too much time on his hands. Lol!

Lurker: A question if I may. Are you the Linux guy? Do you have experience of this Ubuntu stuff?

And can it do all the stuff Micro****e can? IE okay for trading and its apps?

Well okay that's 3 questions You do have a lot of time on you hands. :cheesy:

Go for it!

Most certainly has too much time on his hands. Lol!

Lurker: A question if I may. Are you the Linux guy? Do you have experience of this Ubuntu stuff?

And can it do all the stuff Micro****e can? IE okay for trading and its apps?

Well okay that's 3 questions You do have a lot of time on you hands. :cheesy:

I am a Linux guy. The Linux guy lives elsewhere. I don't use Ubuntu myself, but I do use other flavours of Linux.

I'd panick about running anything financial on Windows myself. For those of you wanting to try Linux, it can do most stuff MSFT software can, with the exception of 3D apps and some software. CMC MarketMaker, for example, doesn't work on Linux. I keep Windows 2000 around in an emulator which can be run from within Linux. I find Linux faster, more reliable, and more stable than Windows. It is not for everyone, but Windows "power users" should do fine with Ubuntu. Interactive Brokers, and all the web spread betting firms (with the exception of CMC) work with Linux. Before I needed CMC MarketMaker, I had gone without any form of Windows for a considerable time.

For more info, see my post about Ubuntu.

Most traders here I think will have a trading machine and a machine for general use (this is only wise - financial stuff should be kept separate and I think most traders here can afford a second machine - thats 40 pips to enough folk here). The Linux Emporium sell Lenovo (the company which bought IBM's PC division) laptops for around £400 upwards, and they are pretty good machines. Great company too - I just bought a laptop from them. Perhaps something to think about when buying a new desktop or laptop - save a bundle on the Microsoft Tax.

Just done a search here for more info, and there is a thread called Linux and Daytrading which is relevant.

Hope this helps - let me know if there is anything else.