CMC announces a loss for the year 2011

why, you're not a journalist, so what business is it of yours?

Maybe i should be one then , that's my nature i like to know , the same applies to others like IG and Fxcm , that's where i eat i dont want to eat **** :LOL:

Maybe i should be one then , that's my nature i like to know , the same applies to others like IG and Fxcm , that's where i eat i dont want to eat **** :LOL:

It's just weird..No one, other than 3-4 losers on T2W, are interested..

Ross

Ignore black swan, he's on the CMC payroll. He does nothing but run to CMC's defence, sucks up to the CEO so much it's sickening (have received PM's from other members here who have noticed this too). Share your experiences on my new thread created for all of us who spread bet and take it seriously.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spr...ad-spread-bet-fills-here-research-needed.html

Obviously black swan and his merry band of Cretins are not welcome there.

No, they ask you too many difficult questions.

You do realise who owns the company and therefore who actually takes the loss?

"Loss for the year attributable to owners of the Company- (19.4) (9.2)".

CMC is not a "public company", given the fact that their two principal owners can carry what is, to all intents the small loss, theres not too much 'capital' to make out of this report.

I would suggest that the "investment in intangible assets" has hit the profitability together with the purchase of; plant, equipment and property. In short a headquarters move is always an expensive procedure and similarly the cost of new gen in all it guises and the foundations put in place to roll out more developments.

The combined balance sheet is strong.

Company accounts don't work that way. An HQ move would not really hit your profits.

Generally speaking, the P&L is concerned with sales and cost of good sold. There are of course one-off expenses but purchasing of fixed assets is accounted for by their depreciation, not their purchase.

Black Swan is getting creepy weird when it comes to CMC. He never had much in the way of credibility, but this constant CMC cheerleading is rapidly removing what little he does have.

Black Swan is getting creepy weird when it comes to CMC. He never had much in the way of credibility, but this constant CMC cheerleading is rapidly removing what little he does have.

Indeed. He's shurley a shill.

Hell - I'm an evil vendor but I talk less about my own business than he does about theirs.

That ain't right...

CMC announces a 19 m pounds loss for the year 2011 compared to only 9 million for the previous year , revenue up 6% to 162 M pounds , active clients nearly unchanged +0.2% , volume ( number of trades ) down 12% , customer assets up 6% .

http://www.cmcmarketsplc.com/content/documents/cmcmarketsplc_results_2011.pdf

Group results | Results | Consolidated income statement | CMC Markets

I'm less than impressed so far, as they seemed to have launched it before it was finished and cut off existing Investor Edition clients (which included Level 2) without warning, let alone arrange an alternative provider.

I thought they had 300% growth???
I understand 6.4% growth in revenue as they smashed their advertising budget.
New platform development is Capex so again I'm taking it out of equation.

The loss for the year explains all the underhand tactics to its clients to scrape to a profit for the next financial year. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.