Charting package & Data Feed

StayOnTarget

Hi

Don't know if it's just me but I find the TA & charting packages offered by spread betting companies are a bit limited, even IG Index's "Advanced" charting package is a bit too gimped for my liking.

So...I'm looking for intraday UK Stocks, indexes & Forex data and a fully customisable charting package.

Any suggestions are much appreciated as I'm a bit lost at the moment, I've been using IG charts but want to get my own data feed and charting package but don't know where to start. Everything seems US based.

All too expensive as compared to IG's advanced which are free if you make 2 trades a month. Has anyone used the alarms on the advanced charts - do they offer alarms for any breaks of MA's, trend lines etc?

I think I am going to try them out as their spreads are keen and no other SB firm offers advanced IT charts as far as I am aware, does anyone know of any one else offering them.

I've been using the price crossing MA and trendlines alarms on Capital Spreads charts, and there is no charge for them - available on demo too.

Last edited:
Just use a live mt4 demo account and execute through igindex. Mt4 does most things a bedroom trader needs.

CFD's are not futures

That is correct Tuscan. Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are not futures.

CDFs are a means by which futures or many other products can be traded. They are derivative products which enable you to trade on the price movement of financial assets. You can trade CFDs if you believe the price of a financial instrument is likely to go up in value (strengthen) and if you think it is likely to go down (weaken). This is particularly useful in shares when you don’t need to own or borrow the underlying stocks as you would on a physical exchange.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

do you offer this on a web based platform at Alpari rather than MT4 as a demo, and scondly doe s the wweb based platform allow for alarms?

Hi

Don't know if it's just me but I find the TA & charting packages offered by spread betting companies are a bit limited, even IG Index's "Advanced" charting package is a bit too gimped for my liking.

So...I'm looking for intraday UK Stocks, indexes & Forex data and a fully customisable charting package.

Any suggestions are much appreciated as I'm a bit lost at the moment, I've been using IG charts but want to get my own data feed and charting package but don't know where to start. Everything seems US based.

Don’t forget that charting packages are designed to appeal to the masses. Easy enough so as not to frighten away the beginners and with enough features to be of use to the seasoned trader. Plenty of charting packages out there for trial. Some free, some with subscription. Sharescope offers a relatively well priced package for retail market. eSignal is another if you want help. Metastock gets talked about a lot. Remember free might not always be best. Depends how advanced you are in your charts analysis. Good luck.