Charlton's Programmed Trade Development

I have been using Inverse Fisher for a few years and I find that Inverse Fisher signals are more reliable than MACCI in terms of getting the direction right. However MACCI OB/OS seems to capture the exact reversal points. So I use both of them in different TF to capture the move. For example, I use 10min IF to determine the direction and then use MACCI at lower TF to determine entry.

Say 10min IF is entering OB zone or at OB level, then I use 1min MACCI OB to enter the reversal short. This method often captures the exact reversal points.

Or 10min IF crosses down Signal line then enter the short trade with 1min MACCI OB or turning down from highzone. This method offers better directional trades but the entry price is often retested before going further in the direcion of the trade.

So to me the question is
1. Are we after the exact reversal points? or
2. Are we after a better directional trade? or
3. we want both.. lol...

Leo,

Great suggestions.. I think getting this part of the system right is going to be critical. As said previously testing the Macci will provide a baseline to work from. We can then test other oscillators and compare results.

In every seminar Iraj has mentioned that getting a great entry reduces the risk close to zero. So our aim should be to build something that can provide us with accurate reversal points and solid directional trades the majority of the time. Perfection isn't going to happen but let's refine our entry points and put the probabilities in our favour without degrading system profitability.

Cheers

Naeem