Candlestick recognition software

raven4ns

Does Sierra charts offer any candlestick recognition software either embedded in the program or as a 3rd party option? I am looking for a charting package that offers such an option but neglected to include Sierra. Thank you for any and all help.

Tim

Yes the basic stuff is included.

Yes you can extend it and others have.

Yes the basic stuff is included.

Yes you can extend it and others have.

Thank you for your help. May I ask if the software has it incorporated within it's programming or is it something that you have programmed? I know you have done a lot of fine work with Sierra charts and given it freely to others. I admire both your ability and your selflessness. When it comes to computers it is like water and oil with me....lol.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
The basic stuff is there already. I don't use candlesticks so never really used it. My trading is more like dante's using support and resistance but with tests and retests rather than candlestick patterns. A bit more of a trend bias too I think.

Thank you for your help. May I ask if the software has it incorporated within it's programming or is it something that you have programmed? I know you have done a lot of fine work with Sierra charts and given it freely to others. I admire both your ability and your selflessness. When it comes to computers it is like water and oil with me....lol.
Tim
=====================================================

the standard MT4 charts we use with most all brokers has a number of candlestick pattern recognition custom indicators --- I dont use them, but i tried it for a few days and its definitely spot on so I attached one for you to try !

mp

Attachments

• Pattern Recognition.mq4
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,028
Last edited:
=====================================================

the standard MT4 charts we use with most all brokers has a number of candlestick pattern recognition custom indicators --- I dont use them, but i tried it for a few days and its definitely spot on so i attached one for you to try !

mp

Thank you MP6140 for your kindness, that was very thoughtful. Thank you as well to all the other people for taking the time to help. It is very much appreciated.

Kindest regards,

Tim