Candle Length

FutureMillionaire?

As candles expand and contract dependant on the scale used, I wondered if there was an indicator (for MetaTrader4), that gives a numeric value (and perhaps a histogram) for the true size of the candles.

Future,

have you ever taken the trouble to look at the price scale which is on the right side of a chart? If yes, haven't you ever been visited by an idea to simply measure a candle with a cross-hair? If yes, were these attempts successful? :)

Doctor Leo said:
Future,

have you ever taken the trouble to look at the price scale which is on the right side of a chart? If yes, haven't you ever been visited by an idea to simply measure a candle with a cross-hair? If yes, were these attempts successful? :)

Obviously, but just call me lazy. That method requires looking at the top, looking at the bottom .. and doing the sum. I just thought that, in this modern day of computers (given that this is a simple calculation that even the most basic pocket calculator could manage) , there'd be something that does it for you.

It's all about visualisation. As I scroll back and forth through the charts, backtesting, it's not immediately obvious what size of candles I'm looking at. Yes, I can do the sums, but should I really have to with such computing power at my finger tips.

FM,

I know what you mean! Its all abour perspective.
Do have grids switched on? I find it helps to provide some framework to view the markets move.
You only have to glance and see what size the box is to be able to judge the size of the candle.