can you negotiate with forex brokers for a lower spread?

roger123doger

can I somehow negotiatate with my broker to get a lower rate if I am trading more than ~1000+ lots a trade?

the spread on my gbp/jpy is 9
and eur/usd is 4

Find a real broker instead of a bucket shop. If you can negotiate spread then its a bucket shop.

Interactive brokers spread on eur.usd is often 1/2 pip during euro/us market hours.

can I somehow negotiatate with my broker to get a lower rate if I am trading more than ~1000+ lots a trade?

and eur/usd is 4

==========================================================

here in the USA, its negotiation when you reach a certain point when dealing with a "broker" (which is similar, but not quite the same, as your spread betters).

the higher the amount youre trading (which throws more ready cash into the shops coffers, if only for a bit) the better the deals they offer you !

mp

ps -- those are high spreads --- try someplace better !

does anyone know the spreads for IB for the gbp/jpy?

is the IB spread including it's commission?

how is the charting for IB?

are there any other brokers better than IB or similar but offer 400:1 leverage?

Roger,

IB does not set any spread because it is not a spread betting company. They reflect the actual market prices and you pay a commission on any trade that you take. I have often seen spreads at 0 for EUR/USD but I cannot comment on GBP/JPY because I have not traded it on IB.

In my view it is also highly unlikely that you will get a better broker than IB that also offers 400 to 1 leverage that is not a bucket shop.

Paul

and eur/usd is 4

As others have said, those spreads are too wide. Find another broker.

Keep in mind that in markets like stocks and futures it's commissions that are negotiable, not spreads as the spread comes from the market not the broker. As such, you'd probably be best off with an ECN broker. If you're trading big size you probably could negotiate a lower commission and you'll often be able to get better spreads as well since they aren't fixed.

I know from experience that you can but if you trade so big , they will play with your margin. Some companies will not be able to give you 1% since they don’t have big accounts with IB's to hedge you.
If you trade big you will become from a retail client to -----> institutional client therefore getting better prices

and eur/usd is 4

What about using Dukascopy?They provide HUGE liquidity for every pair you've mentioned. I think spreads will be a lot lower too.

Finding a reliable broker with low spread is quite frustrating. The brokers I use is most of the time 1-2 pips spread and they also have the best platform I've worked with. Let me know if you are interested