• PINN.png
    PINN.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 418
  • NVD.png
    NVD.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
What Does Candlestick Mean?
A price chart that displays the high, low, open, and close for a security each day (or other shorter interval - Note by songcon)over a specified period of time.

CANDLE.gif

NVD Nov. 20 - The last (daily) candle of the chart (Open) 0.240 (Hi) .240 (Lo) .22 (Close) .23
It had a red candle for the Nov. 20 '09 daily chart because the close price was lower than the opening price

NVD3mo.gif

And this is 3-month daily chart of PINN Nov 20, '09: (Open) 0.340 (Hi) .340 (Lo) .31 (Close) .34

PINN3mo.gif

To further study Candlesticks:
Investopedia explains Candlestick
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/candlestick.asp

Last edited:
Hello songcon

Thank for your reply........I can't figure investor's sentiment or better I can only suppose and as I am a newbie I would like to get an opinion from more experienced people

Regards
giorgio

Any idea why all the bars on PINN are green as compared to NVD almost all daily
bars are red, what does that mean?
Hi giogugli,
Welcome to T2W!
It's not my place to tell anyone what to trade - or what not to trade, however, having said that, I suggest that you stay away from highly illiquid penny shares such as the two you mention in your post. Technical Analysis (TA) is pretty meaningless on shares such as these and trading them would be pure gambling, IMO. If you have access to fundamental data that leads you to believe that they're undervalued and their respective share price will sky rocket - then fair play - buy them. If you're new to trading and wanting to learn TA, these really aren't the sorts of instruments to learn on. I recommend you look at heavily traded instruments such as the really big 'blue chips' with volatility, indices or major forex pairs etc. - and steer well clear penny shares.
Tim.

Thank you timsk

I agree at all with all you said ..... I would have like to get a key to understand the moves not an advice to trade them.

Best
.-

Take a look at the 'First Steps' forum and its sub-forum: 'Trading FAQ'. Once you've had a good look around those, come back and ask any questions that you may have.
Enjoy!
Tim.