Broker that offers DMA equity CFDs via FIX connection

mark1808

Hi,

I am looking for an equity CFD provider that allows Direct Market Access (DMA) trading through a FIX connection. This used to be the case with GNI/MF Global but we all know what happened to them. I've looked at the following brokers:

IG Markets - Not DMA
CMC Markets - Not DMA
Interactive Brokers - Not DMA
FXCM - Not individual equities
GFT - No FIX
City Index - Not DMA
Alpari - Not individual equities

I've e-mailed, but not yet had a response from FP Markets, EquiTrade, InterTrader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Why take it to e-mail/P? I would like to know the same information. Please share your list of DMA vs non DMA brokers, thanks!

Trade4Loss, it turns out IG Markets do DMA CFDs over FIX for equities. So that's who we're now using. If you find anymore, please feel free to add them below.

just wondering how you are getting on with IG

Yep, don't have any complaints with IG really.

The only slight niggle is that you can't specify which exchange you place your DMA order with. So if you desperately wanted to place your order on CHIX, for example, you can't. You are forced to use their 'smart' order router, which on anecdotal experience doesn't always give you the best price on the more illiquid shares.

SpreadBeta, if there's a list that includes GNI Touch, it *may* be out of date, but I'll have a look. :)

Mark

Are you using PureDeal or L2?

L2 should have exchange tabs in the deal ticket that allow you to specify the order route.

Yep, don't have any complaints with IG really.

The only slight niggle is that you can't specify which exchange you place your DMA order with. So if you desperately wanted to place your order on CHIX, for example, you can't. You are forced to use their 'smart' order router, which on anecdotal experience doesn't always give you the best price on the more illiquid shares.

Mark
How much did you have to initially deposit to open an account with IG. Have been looking at Saxo Capital Markets. They seem quite good and the Institute of Trading and Portfolio Management recommend their clients to open an account with them. However the initial deposit is 10,000,haven't got that much right now, but Saxo does have a classic account which only requires a 2,000 initial deposit but I'm not sure if that account is full dma or not or if the dma only applies to accounts of 10,000 and above.