BlackDogTrading

Scanjet

For 'Arrows on charts' lovers everywhere I've found this. Only $147 for the system and arrows as per FX53. Try blackdogsystem.co.uk and you may find it.
If anyone is using this to add to the analysis paralysis please could you let us know how you're getting on, hopefully from the deck of your yacht and not the free terminal in the labor exchange...

It's like a disease really, another new system, another few hours of looking for answers - I really have to stop. The hope the one of these things actually work for any length of time, keeps me trawling through the threads however.

This site looks quite amatureish (spelling not my strong point). No big number claims, but tell us that there should be 4 - 5 trades a day at a gain of around 20 pips. Win to lose ration claim is very high - however, there are no figures posted. There is no proof and no guarantees etc. so this prompted an email to ask about figures/ trial period/ trial alert service. The response was -

Martin, hello again,

I'm a trader Martin, not alert service provider or anything like that. Jeff Wilde thought his students would appreciate this system and I agreed. I've just spent about five days solid e-mailing to purchasers and questioners(!) like yourself at the expense of trading time. Two nights actually without sleep followed by catnaps. All this to make sure people have their charts set up correctly. Show me another site with similar claims. Like I say, I'm a trader, period. Not a salesman. So I am not chasing your sale. You will be more than welcome Martin, but I'd rather spend time getting someone up and running. There's still people out there who have never used Metatrader. Feel free at any time.

Best regards

Dave

The system does not cost much, but they have not even attempted to substantiate any figures. It may not be the best answer, but compare it to sniper, who for similar costs, lets you trial the system to see if it works for you, before purchasing. Not the answer for me I think.

Hi Scanjet. trading the arrows on a chart can really get you down after a bit. However, sometimes they can bring you a couple of fast bucks.

The EUR/USD 30min pic below shows some petty good trades over the past few days.

arrows.jpg

I'm checking it out as a type. The really good thing is it is a FREE auto-trading system. It comes with the platform of the broker.

There are a couple of draw-backs with the system but I think i can live with em. (y)

Good trading
RT... :cool:

Ah Free! That's no use then. The guys turn up their noses at anything that costs less than £500. It's a fascinating psychology.
A couple of years ago my local fruit store tried an interesting experiment in sales psychology. He took the box of tomatoes from the wholesaler and divided them into 2 smaller boxes. One was marked 'Best tomatoes' and priced at 80p a pound. The other 'tomatoes' at 55p per pound. After 2 days he'd sold all the 80p ones but still had half the 50p ones left.
They should charge £1000 for it. They'll sell hundreds....

FREE!!! Did I hear someone say FREE?

yes please, i'll take the lot...

it might be worth running it against other system to confirm trend?

where can i download/use it?

Thanks

Ah Free! That's no use then. The guys turn up their noses at anything that costs less than £500. It's a fascinating psychology.
A couple of years ago my local fruit store tried an interesting experiment in sales psychology. He took the box of tomatoes from the wholesaler and divided them into 2 smaller boxes. One was marked 'Best tomatoes' and priced at 80p a pound. The other 'tomatoes' at 55p per pound. After 2 days he'd sold all the 80p ones but still had half the 50p ones left.
They should charge £1000 for it. They'll sell hundreds....

Hi masif1. FREE boggles the mind. :clap: But, it also comes with a $50,000 USD practice account.

I've been using it for some time now and have not gotten any pressure to sign on to a real account. The place is called CMSFX

They appear to have a pretty good reputation with the traders. There is a 2 pip spread on a couple of the more popular FX pair.

The pic in my 1st post above is a shot of a trading system in the platform that uses the CCI indicator. I found a pretty good MACD type indicator that doesn't have a lot of lag in it ( it's the bottom indicator) so maybe I can tweak up the trades a bit.

Free can't hurt so you might want to give it a go.
(y)

Good trading
RT...:idea:

The arrows and exits come from the trading system in the platform. It's one of the "Live Auto-Trading" systems included. It works much like all of the EA's that are used in the MetaTrader 4 platform.

I've tried out a few of the others but this one seems to be the best of the lot.

I'm using the indicator at the very bottom to sort of jump the gun for exiting a trade.

There is one giant fault with the VT Trading platform. It will not do Intra-Bar enter/exit trades. That's why I'm using the bottom indicator to exit a trade.

I suppose that over the long haul the system works out pretty good. However, I really hate leaving money on the table when it's not necessary. :whistling

Good trading
RT... :idea:

FREE!!! Did I hear someone say FREE?

yes please, i'll take the lot...

it might be worth running it against other system to confirm trend?

where can i download/use it?

Thanks

Masif1,
I don't know if running 2 different systems to confirm each other is such a good idea if they use different criteria then they will contradict
Just a though!

Hi gamma. I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying about the 2nd indicator.

The auto trading is running on it's own. It will enter and close trades on it's own. However, if the trade is closed by me instead of waiting for an exit signal from the auto trader the EA will continue but with out an active trade in place.

There are not 2 EAs running at the same time.

I don't know how it would work if I entered a trade before the system. I don't see any reason to do that.

I actually use three methods to determine if a trade is coming to an end.

I... The EA rings a bell when an exit is detected
2... The indicator, (Chaos Accelerator Oscillator) almost leads the chart.
3... Heinken Ashi Candle sticks.

I know the candle sticks have a bit of a delay in their formation but that doesn't really figure into anything in this situation. I look for a doji and get ready to pull the exit trigger.

It's not perfect, but then, what is in the FOREX world.

Good trading
RT... :idea: