Average Yearly Points Yield?

ChattiFX

Hi,

I have been spread betting FX EUR/USD for ~18months, only betting minimum amounts while I learn. Losing for probably the first 12 months and breaking even for the past 6 months.

Most of the stragies I have devised were adapted versions of common indicators, Weighted Moving averages, RSI, Donchain to name a few, all based on a daily price chart. I'd say I have probably been breaking even recently more through conservative risk management rather than a particularly good system.

However I have been developing a system, that when backtested seams to be giving a nice linear Yield, roughtly 5000-6000 points per year on EUR/USD over the past 10 years. Biggest drawdown looks to be 500-750 points. I'm still working my way back through the data to make sure there isn't a glaring mistake skewing the results... I've balls'd enough backtests up to know how fickle they can be!!

Obviously at the moment I am happy with a positive yield of any amount, particularly if it follows a linear path... however I am interested to hear from some of the more experienced(successful) members what they would consider to be a decent yearly return. I dont want to be selling myself short after all... haha

Once I've looked back through the data I'll post more details about my strategy but until then please don't ask as it is still a work in progress...

Thanks and I look forward to any replies...

CFX

Last edited: