Automated Trading

minx

I have a few mechanical systems that are ripe for automated trading but I'm a little worried about faults developing at some point along the chain from signal generation to trade execution. What currently happens is my system gives a signal, I input some data into Excel and then I place the trade. Ideally I'd like a program to do all this for me so I can free up time to do other development work.
My fear is that if CQG/ Excel/ TT/ PATS/ etc crashed then would the system suddenly start sweeping the market by trying to lift /hit infinity lots at a price of infinity/ zero. Or perhaps it'll start to act like a mad pinball machine and start hitting bid, lifing offer until all the capital has been burned up. Any idea of the software out there that can take signals off CQG, another number(s) from Excel and then conduct itself in the same sane manner a human would (or as near as possible).
I'd like to say money is no object but there are limits to this, to give you an idea of what I mean I'm thinking around the region of TT or CQG kinda costs. Basically stability will be the key, afterall no point in saving £200 a month on a cheap package if it f*cks up and costs my £10k on messed up trades.
I'm thinking I might be talking about an API here, how would I get this written or do the relevant companies write this for me adn then just charge extra on my RTs?
All comments appreciated
Minx

PS- I've posted this on a couple of other threads just to try to get the people 'in the know' to see it. Let me know if this breaks any rules, etc...

minx

This sounds like a custom made pro job.. As you say in your message there is plenty of potential for an almighty f*** up, although maybe not on the scale you mention as most order platforms have a built in failsafe to some degree at least.

It won't be cheap, I think it likely that it will run to several thousand £. If it's just an excel /API generated signal and order placement /execution then that's a different story

Good luck
rog1111