Asked to do cisi cert 1 and 2 at interview for a guaranteed junior stockbroker role?!

cheap compared to others, but not for me personally...

well am more hurt about the fact, that I couldve landed my foot into the door in stock trading world, but guess it happens..

I did this a few years back and unless you've got no morals then you'll be wasting your time... I left after 2 weeks - basically didn't turn up the day I was due to start pitching to the leads I'd built up though cold calling (technically not strictly cold calling as that is illegal but very similar) ...

You don't need a training company, its just a bit of rote learning then a couple of multiple guess exams (regulations and securities) - all the Essex boy idiots you will meet at these firms had to pass these exams too - they really aren't hard.

The problem is that the sort of firms that will employ anyone as 'broker' are the sort that will typically be hard selling some crappy AIM stock to a bunch of people on some sucker list who have ticked some box on a promotional form allowing them to be contacted, sent a brochure/free stock report/whatever.... essentially the sort of firm that will be shut down by the FSA and that will cause you some awkward explaining in future job interviews. It can be explained away if you quit fairly soon after starting (as I did) but tbh.. it is better if you simply don't start at one of these firms at all.

Cisi exams are crucial before you can lift a phone and broke any assets classes under FSA regs. a company such as 7city offers these courses, howvere most reputable brokerage firms will7should assist in financing you towards passing these exams.if you get stuch i would be happy to steer you in the right direction