Are we shocked any more these day's ?

Crap Buddist

Are we shocked what happens in the world today?

What has shocked you, or what would shock you, is there anything left ?

If you have a shocker to tell , get it said, your thinking it anyhow.....:?:

I wonder....... :p

Reactions: BSD
bad punctuation shocks me ;)

I feel you Jack O club's, Neils pulled me on it before.. :)

I cant see any though.. .

Thanks for sharing, and oops hope i'm not offending too much, but , there is still a problemt that all this money pumped into education, standards , according to the gov. are not improving, even with the billions gone into early child nursery's over the last decade or so....

Is it a shocker though ? are we surprised ?

hmm maybe thats the key to the Shocker Planet Puzzle ? Detail..
Maybe the world has forgotten to pay attention to detail ?

Also, what I find that may warrant a shocking entry thinking about detail n all, is since the modern family unit these days is fragmented, with the adults running around like they have got their heads cut off, juggling acts at the big top etc, is that teachers are being left to assume more of the parental roles, and kids are lucky if they have 3 or 4 hours a day with any parent?

Is that normal or is it a Shocker?

Does detail count anymore ? I wonder..

Last edited:
Are we shocked what happens in the world today?

What has shocked you, or what would shock you, is there anything left ?

If you have a shocker to tell , get it said, your thinking it anyhow.....:?:

I wonder....... :p

Nothing shocks me much these days. Humans presently live in an age of selfishness & greed, huge wealth V's poverty & desperation, & are taught that lying & cheating help us be successful, & a lot of the negative things that happen in the world are a result.

Last edited:
Nothing shocks me much these days. Humans presently live in an age of selfishness & greed, huge wealth V's poverty & desperation, & are taught that lying & cheating help us be successful, & a lot of the negative things that happen in the world are a result.

Hmm, well I hear what your saying and understand, but do you think people want to live like that, in that way, for themselves? Is that how they wish to LIVE their life? Surely if we ask any man or woman as individuals would they choose LOVE over HATE, PEACE over WAR. CARING over NEGLECT wouldnt the majority wish for themselves the positives? to choose those for their own life?

SO, whats going wrong then ?

That is or has to be a Shocker?

I occasionally discover shocking things when working on client's PCs, but that's about it :)

Hmm, well I hear what your saying and understand, but do you think people want to live like that, in that way, for themselves? Is that how they wish to LIVE their life? Surely if we ask any man or woman as individuals would they choose LOVE over HATE, PEACE over WAR. CARING over NEGLECT wouldnt the majority wish for themselves the positives? to choose those for their own life?

Maybe I'm going through a midlife crisis at the moment with the things I'm posting! :rolleyes:

This is a great book that goes over these exact topics. Anyone else familiar with it? Great for getting to know ones self, (hell, I hate me!!) which I think is all very relevant to this trading malarky, should this even be here or in the psychology section?!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Happine...2340655?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192102193&sr=8-1

Everything going on in the world today still shocks me but I try to do my little bit of 'good' everyday.

It'll all end in tears!

I try and see things in yin & yang terms, ie shocking stuff couldn't be shocking unless there were beautiful stuff to contrast with, good couldn't exist without bad, hot without cold, etc.

Also, every action having a resulting reaction, you basically just make the things you oppose stronger through the act of opposing them.

Just think of the tremendously successful "war on drugs", lol.

Stupidity is clinging to the same mistakes but expecting different outcomes, what ?

If by contrast you accept what is as being an intrinsic part of a bipolar world, just formulate what you want but then let go of all fears of not getting it, all manner of good things start coming to you, think of going to a bar to meet girls, if you're desperate and afraid of rejection it won't work will it, if on the other hand you go in with a carefree, positive attitude, and couldn't care less if it's the blonde or the brunette, you'll have fun.

But accepting that life has a dark and a light half doesn't mean that one shouldn't have compassion, obviously.

Last edited:
Got a couple of mates in the CID. They have at various times told me some shocking, and in a couple of cases downright stomach churning things.

I recently met a couple of guys from the Foreign Office on a little jaunt down to Marbella, and they had some fairly interesting tales to tell when they were plied with enough beer.

Or maybe it was me that was plied with enough beer and their tales just seemed interesting ... who knows.

re

I was shocked when i called up Saxo Bank and asked them for info on commisions to trade the YM.:-0

I try and see things in yin & yang terms, ie shocking stuff couldn't be shocking unless there were beautiful stuff to contrast with, good couldn't exist without bad, hot without cold, etc.

Also, every action having a resulting reaction, you basically just make the things you oppose stronger through the act of opposing them.

Just think of the tremendously successful "war on drugs", lol.

Stupidity is clinging to the same mistakes but expecting different outcomes, what ?

If by contrast you accept what is as being an intrinsic part of a bipolar world, just formulate what you want but then let go of all fears of not getting it, all manner of good things start coming to you, think of going to a bar to meet girls, if you're desperate and afraid of rejection it won't work will it, if on the other hand you go in with a carefree, positive attitude, and couldn't care less if it's the blonde or the brunette, you'll have fun.

But accepting that life has a dark and a light half doesn't mean that one shouldn't have compassion, obviously.

Your post resonates with me greatly.
You sound like you've studied Taoism or perhaps T'ai Chi.
I did T'ai Chi for 7 years before reverting back to chasing material goals....

Blue, glad you liked that :)

Not sure how or why, but I've believed this stuff even before discovering the likes of Taoism or Stoicism etc, they were sort of just the confirmatory icing on the cake.

I suppose my main belief is that you're responsible for everything that happens in your Universe as it's your Universe to do with as you see fit, meaning that maybe everybody's got their own little private Parallel Universe all to themselves to learn to overcome their fears and live their aspirations :D

Lol, I'm not putting any of this too well but to my defense I had a long and rather, umm, liquid night yesterday :)

food-smiley-004.gif

Probably not, but its the if you can't beat em, join em mentality.
People/animals are ultimately selfish creatures. An animals primary urge is survival, followed secondly by reproduction. In a birds nest, if the parents can't find enough food to go round, the smallest/weakest gets thrown over board.

Therefore if animals/mammals/people etc. are ultimately selfish, and will even abandon family members in the name of self preservation, what one person/group will do to a complete stranger, shouldn't really be surprising.

I can't see much changing really. I think things can only go from bad to worse in this world unfortunately.

Last edited:
Probably not, but its the if you can't beat em, join em mentality.
People/animals are ultimately selfish creatures. An animals primary urge is survival, followed secondly by reproduction. In a birds nest, if the parents can't find enough food to go round, the smallest/weakest gets thrown over board.
I can't see much changing really. I think things can only go from bad to worse in this world unfortunately.

:confused:

I was shocked to see the "salad dodgers" TV advert with ally mccoist, ian wright, lee dixon, and chris kamara - advertising GAMBLING :devilish: . I thought it was going to be a kit kat advert or something, but instead the public is being given the message by successful multi-millionaire ex-footballers that gambling is fun, requires knowledge, is socially acceptable, and is done by successful people.
This type of advertising should not be permitted IMO, and its a good example of the decadence prevalent in society right now.

I was shocked to see the "salad dodgers" TV advert with ally mccoist, ian wright, lee dixon, and chris kamara - advertising GAMBLING :devilish: . I thought it was going to be a kit kat advert or something, but instead the public is being given the message by successful multi-millionaire ex-footballers that gambling is fun, requires knowledge, is socially acceptable, and is done by successful people.
This type of advertising should not be permitted IMO, and its a good example of the decadence prevalent in society right now.

Bush warns nuclear Iran could spur 'World War III' - Should we be shocked, or just alarmed... :rolleyes:

Bush warns nuclear Iran could spur 'World War III' - Should we be shocked, or just alarmed...

Since Bush is a moronic pillock I think we should take anything he says with an enormous pinch of salt.

He obviously wants another war before he leaves office but I don't think he will be allowed to have one.

Poor thing.

Last edited:
The only thing that shocks me, these days, is when my shares take a sudden dive. I don't like that, at all.

Split