Any FX Arcades in London?

zuke

Experienced member
There used to be Prop Fx of course, but does anyone know any others in London. Most arcades tend to scalp STIRS, but are there any that do Fx..spot or CME futures? FYI, I am fully self funded and have a ltd co. Thanks in advance.

Not professing top be a STIRS expert, but there seems to be too many people chasing too few ticks. Trading is difficult enough without having to worry about getting filled all the time. I love the liquidity of FX.

the fx is obviously no way as near as liquid as the stirs of course. despite what people say about fx being the most liquid market in the world, it isnt really so - all that liquidity is spread accross 100's of pairs. the most liquid is eurofx, but es still has 10x the liquidity though. eurofx on globex is the 2nd or 3rd most liquid platform in the world - more than reuters, and about the same as ebs (spot platforms) according to the marketing machine of the cme.

an average order is about 10-20 lots. i have seen the odd 100-200 lot go off a few times in any day in eurofx

if you are used to trading stir spreads, then the eurofx-swiss franc may be a good point to start.

jmo

dont know of any firms that are FX only arcades, but most firms will let you trade FX especially if you have a track record cant imagine it being a problem, especially the futures maket its traded on CME and most guys have a CME log-in anyway.

As charliechan says FX isnt as liquid as STIRS but that of course is FX futures, some places will let you trade the cash market. If you get a partial fill in that as a self funded trader congratulations!

tommog said:
dont know of any firms that are FX only arcades, but most firms will let you trade FX especially if you have a track record cant imagine it being a problem, especially the futures maket its traded on CME and most guys have a CME log-in anyway.

As charliechan says FX isnt as liquid as STIRS but that of course is FX futures, some places will let you trade the cash market. If you get a partial fill in that as a self funded trader congratulations!

for a market order?

Hey GJ,

A few months ago I think you posted that you'd write an article about a day in the life of an institutional FX trader. Have you had a chance to write that article yet? I've been waiting in anticipation. ;P

Regards,

fcmisc.