Another Scose type question thread

Chapter Eight in the book 'critical mass' by Philip Ball would probably interest you greatly.

cos statements like that are unfalsifiable so people can keep making em

:LOL: What you say is true. But my experience just tells me that it's really difficult to be consistently profitable in forex. I don't doubt that there are a few people in this world who are able to trade forex with a strong edge, but I think it's a a lot easier in equities/derivatives.

Also, don't forget, forex is the biggest market in the world. The reason this is because it is used by traders, investors, businesses, market makers, and almost everyone else. These people speculate, hedge, and spend foreign currencies. This makes it very difficult to find "one-sided" traders that can establish a trend in some of the most popular forex pairs because there are so many people who are willing to take the other side of the trade for completely different purposes.

Today I got some nice moves in some stocks that came out with some sort of news and as a result, trended nicely. This trend was a result of those "one-sided" traders.

I just don't think it's that simple in forex...

But arabian is right in a way...my opinion that the EMH is likely to hold for the forex market is just that - an opinion - one that cannot be unfalsifiable. I am sure there are many people who disagree :)

:LOL: What you say is true. But my experience just tells me that it's really difficult to be consistently profitable in forex. I don't doubt that there are a few people in this world who are able to trade forex with a strong edge, but I think it's a a lot easier in equities/derivatives.

Also, don't forget, forex is the biggest market in the world. The reason this is because it is used by traders, investors, businesses, market makers, and almost everyone else. These people speculate, hedge, and spend foreign currencies. This makes it very difficult to find "one-sided" traders that can establish a trend in some of the most popular forex pairs because there are so many people who are willing to take the other side of the trade for completely different purposes.

Today I got some nice moves in some stocks that came out with some sort of news and as a result, trended nicely. This trend was a result of those "one-sided" traders.

I just don't think it's that simple in forex...

Horses for courses.... with the blue chips, anyway, one can really expect them to be efficient the vast majority of the time, as almost all participants have the same goal... FX not so much due to so much of that market being flow, and therefore trendy...

Horses for courses.... with the blue chips, anyway, one can really expect them to be efficient the vast majority of the time, as almost all participants have the same goal... FX not so much due to so much of that market being flow, and therefore trendy...

Perhaps it's possible to swing trade the forex markets, but if you're trading the USD/JPY (or any other pair for that matter) on the 1-minute chart...well...:LOL:

for me its not as simple as one liners :confused:

But, in a general way in order of importance and size of movements...

1. News and Fundamentals
2. Looking for places where lots of trade happens
3. Traders manipulating traders for execution

obviously no black and white though (y)

I'm just interested in what you guys think is all. Can't exactly discuss this type of thing with my friends or my girl.

You need to get some that aren't imaginary, that way they'll talk back. Arf!

What was the question again?

But, ask yourself, why are you here? Why are you on T2W? Chances are the answer is the same as many others on T2W: to learn how to consistently profitable as a trader.

For teh lulz biyatch, thas why mah a$$ is here!

You tellin' my a$$ peeps is here to LEARN an sh1t, dogg?

Sheeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I-did-it-4-teh-lulz.jpg

markets are order driven... everything follows from that... think about it :)

Bullsh1t Agaybian. Markets move because of stochastics being overbought, EMAs acting as dynamic resistance, stuff like that.

Orders have got f*** all to do with it, you muppet. How could "orders" have any effect on teh markit?

do-it-for-the-lulz.jpg