Forex trading with us gives you the opportunity to speculate on over 10,000 financial markets, with the flexibility to go long or short on currency pairs. We offer very competitive spreads, including from 0.7 points on EUR/USD and from 1 point on the UK 100.
Since we were established over 25 years ago, we’ve been putting our clients at the heart of everything we do. Our Next Generation web-based and mobile platforms demonstrate how we’ve continually improved based on client feedback. The platform offers a huge range of technical indicators and advanced tools to support your trading, like client sentiment, pattern recognition scanner, market calendar, Reuters, price alerts and much more besides.
Country: United Kingdom
STEAL4FREE STILL UP TO THEIR OLD TRICKS
Anyone who trades with them should install a screen recording program on their PC
(there are free ones on the net). Then phone CMC and tell them you have a video
record of the transaction that differs from theirs.
I first did this in the early 2000s, when I had to buy a DVD recorder and a module
to connect to the PC, as they were tricking me by the day.
The first time I rang them they asked me to send them the DVD (they thought they
were calling my bluff).
I sent them a copy and after that they just took my word I wasn't bluffing.
I found they just didn't argue and paid up.
You can obtain the official Time & Sales info for that day to confirm what you suspect.
I got fed up of all their trickery, manipulation, deceipt and lies and dumped them,
which I recommend to anyone after reading the current posts.
As for the staff, they generally acted and sounded like East London wide boys just out of school.
I tried others and landed on IG Index. They are professional and honest beyond belief.
What you click on is what you get - no ifs no buts. Their staff are so very helpful.
At last up scratch.
Some spreads are a little too wide.
Can't 'PoP' Chart windows out.
There Volatility Calculations are off.
Opinions about this broker?
Plain speech: This is fraud.
Don't be taken in by these fraudsters.
They prey on customers with tight stops and simply run the quote against you.
They prey on customers with tight stops and simply run the quote against you....Even if the real market is going the way that you anticipated.
They behave like gangsters
Customer Service is top notch!
The charting package is like no other, the app is brilliant, spreads are as tight as you like......customer service team treat you amazingly well and respond to emails and calls straightaway
Happy customer sharing my experience with any platform shoppers out there!
Bad Customer Service.
Their new platform (as at July 24, 2013) has taken away custom leverage levels which was one of their best features. The platform looks great and is very user friendly. However, I've transferred my funds to another broker.
New Platform is Terrible
sleazy, dishonest, avoid these guys
1) They have a nice colourful platform (CMC NextGen platform)
2) Their staff is polite - at least, more polite than other brokers' staff. Of course, they are also very condescending.
I am a professional trader. I KNOW all the stuff about technical analysis, money management, position sizing, stop losses, etc. I make money when I trade via regular brokers.
I opened a CMC account to hedge - eg when regular markets are closed; eg to go short easily without loaning stock.
I have lost so much money on CMC over a few years that it isn't funny.
These guys are scammers in so many ways I don't know where to begin. OK, sure, some of their shennigans are common. But it doesn't make things right, especially when they project an air of respectability.
Let me reiterate the key points:
1) Their prices don't reflect the real market. Even Dow Futures can be 1% off at times. Hello, 1% off Dow, more than 140 points. HUH?
2) They love to run your stops. Do you guys know what a long tail doji or dragonfly is? When Dow trades in a tiny range, CMC can give you a long tail doji where they happily trigger your stops over 100 points away from where the futures cash market traded. Don't waste time quarreling with them. As I've said, they are very polite - and condescending.
Many people have observed that it isn't worth it to hold positions overnight on CMC, because they love using illiquid hours to hunt stops. But doesn't that defeat the purpose of hedging???
3) They have slippage like nobody's business, and it can happen even in an orderly market where the freaking stock DID NOT MOVE ALL DAY IN THE UNDERLYING MARKET!
On CMC, the stock conveniently moved up in one of CMC's characteristic price spikes and triggered my stop and I was stopped out at a price 5% above the day high during some mysteriously illiquid point of day.
I'm not talking about regular market volatility here - I don't get that kind of slippage on regular brokers who actually go into the cash market.
4) If there are mistakes (eg wrong feed; price not working, stock split not reflected, all kinds of weird stuff), you have to take forever to prove it to them.
One time they made a mistake and admitted it. It took them 2 months to refund me money that they took from me up front. TWO MONTHS!
5) They constantly change the rules of the game. On average I got 1 new email every month informing me of a whole bunch of changes. New fees, new rules, new limits... the playing field is already tilted 90 degrees in their favour and they still want to plant cactuses where I am running.
6) Even though they are market makers, they make you pay for data feeds which cost them nothing to conjure out of thin air.
I have just terminated my business relationship with them. There is no way you can make money from CMC unless YOU ARE AN IRRESPONSIBLE TRADER.
EG I've actually had a friend, a normally conservative trader on his other accounts, who opened a $4000 account, leveraged it to the max during a momo period, rode the momentum stock up, pyramided with no stop losses and closed out for a $143,000 profit after 8 months.
CMC is absolutely great for this sort of thing because your losses are limited to $4k.
If you want to make money consistently and not have some scammers play your stop losses, AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!
You need to be logged in to post reviews