TrendSignal

This is a discussion on TrendSignal within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; It would only be unfair if you had got the information from TS or someone who has been entrusted with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 10, 2004, 6:20pm   #121
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
It would only be unfair if you had got the information from TS or someone who has been entrusted with the information from them. Otherwise all is fair in my view.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 6:43pm   #122
Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
Does anyone think I should remove my description/interpretation of the trendsignal graphs on the basis that it's unfair on the trendsignal guys ?
Have you asked the people from Trendsignal? If they consent it seems to me there can be no difficulty. If they don't consent then I have no idea what the position may be. I doubt fairness has much to do with it - you possibly should consider the legalities.

HTH

LII
LevII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 8:59pm   #123

Joined May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porks
Hi,

Does anyone think I should remove my description/interpretation of the trendsignal graphs on the basis that it's unfair on the trendsignal guys ?

Porks
Hi Porks,
I am not a beneficiary of ur little "gem" coz u might as well have typed it in swahili for all that I understood of it, but if ~ as previously stated on this thread ~ they were only selling 200/250 copies and all have been sold then where is the conflict? The TS ppl obviously read this thread and have contributed other responses since ur post, so one could assume that if they had a problem with it they would have either commented upon it, or asked for it to be deleted either via pm to urself or via a moderator. Maybe they cannot "complain" if it's not an exact clone.....
I would leave it where it is
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 9:44pm   #124

Joined Dec 2001
As a fellow developer I'm know that its difficult to copyright a trading system.

You can have a Non disclosure clause that will hold up in court and could result in substantial damages though.

If Porks hasn't bought the software then I think there is absolutely nothing TrendSignal could do.

Besides they just made £500,000 haven't they?

JonnyT
Old Jul 10, 2004, 9:46pm   #125
Joined May 2004
does anyone think they are only going to sell 200 odd copies or its just a ruse to make ppl think they've got to get in there quick.

limiting the numbers of copies sold just seems bizzare to me.
andrewmooton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 6:43am   #126

Joined Dec 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmooton
does anyone think they are only going to sell 200 odd copies or its just a ruse to make ppl think they've got to get in there quick.

limiting the numbers of copies sold just seems bizzare to me.
Limiting copies is far from bizzare.

You do get to a point when everyone is doing the same thing then others will trade sucessfully against it.

However it's also a great marketing ploy.

JonnyT
Old Jul 11, 2004, 9:07am   #127

8 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
i visited their offices a couple of weeks ago for a demonstration&i bought the intra day version,i think the reason that they are limiting the number sold is because they are continually fielding enquiries re the software which is interfering with their own trading which they claim they make more money at than selling the software
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyT
Limiting copies is far from bizzare.

You do get to a point when everyone is doing the same thing then others will trade sucessfully against it.

However it's also a great marketing ploy.

JonnyT
watsone21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 10:55am   #128

Joined Dec 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by watsone21
i visited their offices a couple of weeks ago for a demonstration&i bought the intra day version,i think the reason that they are limiting the number sold is because they are continually fielding enquiries re the software which is interfering with their own trading which they claim they make more money at than selling the software
They are bloody good traders trading very large size then if they can make more than £500K in a few months trading.

JonnyT
Old Jul 11, 2004, 11:56am   #129

8 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
yes but they are brokers you can find them at www.twowaytrade.com
watsone21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 3:23pm   #130
Joined May 2004
really? the trendsignal guys are also brokers?
andrewmooton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 3:25pm   #131
TWI

Joined Jan 2004
Jerry used to be a director of a brokerage called Newbridge, based in Hatton Garden.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 4:12pm   #132

Joined Apr 2004
Jerry is part of TwoWayTrade - the brokers
TrendSignal is a seperate company that shares the office with TWT
Just to complicate things there is now TwoWayFutures which is the furtures brokerage - they have a TrendSignal chat room where you can see live TS charts
So the trensignal guys are not brokers-there are 2 seperate companies.
TwoWayTrade give advice to their clients and use TrendSignal as there analysis software.
snaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 4:41pm   #133

Joined Jan 2004
Hi All

You can now watch them trade live, i just found the following link from there new website ( no i'm not promoting it, just thought genuine buyers may be interested to see the product first)

http://www.day-trader.tv/index.asp

spen
Old Jul 16, 2004, 9:25am   #134
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Hi All

Porks - I agree with the general consensus re not pulling your comments....I got the info pack from TS myself and looking at their examples it was clear what certain key indicators were used.....its just the settings/sensitivities that are needed with appropriate timing guidelines (aint that the Grail !!!)

also theres another post in the threads somewhere (cant find it at moment !) that was just as explicit as yours mentioning Bollinger-Fibo Bands + Keltner bands using a 2/3 Standard deviation system, with even a chart posted using Software Visual trader from CMS-Forex.....as an example

As I learn more I realise that there are genuine systems/strategies out there making serious money at the right times/cycles......its just us, the human link that provides the problem !!

Regards
NVP
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 9:53am   #135

Joined Dec 2001
Yes, there is.

Cable Trader and no human intervention.

JonnyT