TrendSignal

This is a discussion on TrendSignal within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Zarif, Can you quantify "dogs b..ll....ks" a little...that is , number of trades to date,win ratio,win/loss %, max drawdown ? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 31, 2004, 1:00pm   #25
Joined Dec 2003
Zarif,
Can you quantify "dogs b..ll....ks" a little...that is , number of trades to date,win ratio,win/loss %, max drawdown ? The more of this you can give the better it allows us reading to benefit from your experience. I appreciate quantifying takes more time than "dogsb...ll...ks",but your time will surely be appreciated by the BB...

Cheers
Old Apr 1, 2004, 3:37pm   #26
Joined Mar 2004
Zarif,

I see you are in Cheshire, I too live in Cheshire (Altrincham) any chance I can talk with you regarding Trendsignal?

Thanks
cashtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2004, 5:08pm   #27
Joined Mar 2004
What package did you buy? The £1000 one or the £3000 one? Do they both use the exact same strategy even though one is for Day trading whereas the other one is for people with less time?

What is the difference in these two systems then?

Appreciate some info,
Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2004, 6:21pm   #28

Joined Nov 2002
Jetheat the EOD is set at Daily frequency whereas with the intraday package one can alter the frequency as desired. The Trendsignal people do suggest using 5min and 15min charts for intraday purposes. 15 min chart as backup confirmation that one is trading in the right direction, 5min is usually used for entry.

Maybe the guys can comment as well on how they use it.

HTH

Anmol
anmolway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2004, 6:47pm   #29
Joined Jan 2003
Hi,

Can any Trendsignal user post a more recent screen shot
of either ES or YM ?

as I would be interested to compare it to somr Tradestation studies.

Thanks Ian
ianp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 12:31pm   #30
Joined Mar 2004
Do u mean that the difference between the £1000 and £3000 programs are the charts they use.
Hell, I could use charts of the Internet for free.
I'm sure this isn't the only difference, so can anyone shed some light?
Old Apr 2, 2004, 1:27pm   #31

Joined Nov 2002
Jetheat, you have the wrong end of the stick, let me explain. The support resistance lines, trendsignal momentum indicator, is calculated specifically using trendsignal mathmatical formulae.

You may get free charts off the internet but the mathmatical formulae that works out the s/r levels,etc won't be provided.

If you want further information, you really need to speak to the trendsignal people.

HTH
anmolway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 1:57pm   #32
Joined Mar 2004
ok, I understand now, but I'm wondering:-

They explain their formula (I hope) in the manual which is received with the package.
After you've read it, then there is no need for their charts or Data Feed service which costs $39 / month.

Is this a valid assumption?