TrendSignal

This is a discussion on TrendSignal within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; TRENDSIGNAL Looking at sample charts on their site and the stuff they send in the post, it seems their whole ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:47am   #17
Joined Mar 2004
TRENDSIGNAL

Looking at sample charts on their site and the stuff they send in the post, it seems their whole system is geared to automatic support & resistance using a 15 min candlestick chart for daytrading. They calll it volatility measurement and they say it's not based on Bollinger Bands! It looks similar though.

Now my question is this. Does anyone know what technical indicators are available to give the same automatic support and resistance?

Their sample charts look too good to be true. Maybe they just pick out the best charts. But £3500 is very steep for a relatively unknown product which has only been used by one member in these forums.

I would be grateful for any feedback on this.
cashtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:52am   #18
Joined Mar 2004
Trendsignal

TRENDSIGNAL

Looking at sample charts on their site and the stuff they send in the post, it seems their whole system is geared to automatic support & resistance using a 15 min candlestick chart for daytrading. They calll it volatility measurement and they say it's not based on Bollinger Bands! It looks similar though.

Now my question is this. Does anyone know what technical indicators are available to give the same automatic support and resistance?

Their sample charts look too good to be true. Maybe they just pick out the best charts! But £3500 inc VAT is very steep for a relatively unknown product which has only been used by one member in these forums as far as I am aware.

I would be grateful for any feedback on this.

Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2004, 1:37am   #19

Joined Nov 2002
Hi Cashtrader, I have had trendsignal for a couple of months.
I bought it at a time when I was going through a rough patch in January.

The main things it has made me realise is the value of a predetermined stop loss. I have been looking at it on and off and have realised that as with all things it isn't the holy grail, basically it is support and resistance lines.

I am not using at the moment for trading the dow as I am becoming more familiar and confident using Chartman's technique.
I don't regret buying it as it has re-emphasised important issues to me personally.

However I plan on looking at it sometime in the near future for trading the ftse/dax/smi.

HTH.
anmolway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 8:05pm   #20

Joined Oct 2003
tradertim started this thread Cashtrader,

TrendSignal`s main bands appear to be Keltner channels (which are based on volatility). See www.arbtrading.com/keltner.htm for calculation & interpretation. TrendSignal`s intermediate bands seem to be set halfway inbetween the central moving average & outer channels.

The TrendSignal trendline, in the separate box below the main chart, appears to be a momentum oscillator.

The horizontal support & resistance lines seem to be drawn from (the centre of?) recent candlestick reversal points.

Their recent addition of stop loss lines are parabolic SAR lines.
tradertim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 9:15pm   #21

Joined Dec 2002
Hi guys:
Just To let u know that I have just bought trendsignal and the guys Sound really honest and helpful.Just got it two days now and am waiting for their guy to walk me through the sysytem setup etc. The only downside is that when u phone they are quite busy as they are trading.I have no hesitation in recommending them.
zarif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 11:18pm   #22
Joined Mar 2004
Thanks tradertim, you've have just saved me
£3500. I owe you a drink!
Old Mar 26, 2004, 10:38pm   #23
Joined Mar 2004
let us know how the trading goes
Old Mar 31, 2004, 12:31pm   #24

Joined Dec 2002
Been trading now with the trendsignal and must say its the dogs ********.brilliant tradimng so fat and even gives areas to place stoploss etc.The setting up was very helpful aswell.These guys mean the biz. I am very happy with it and have no hesitation in recommending them. Also there is a planned update to follow in the next few weeks.
zarif is offline   Reply With Quote