TrendSignal

This is a discussion on TrendSignal within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; I pointed out I had been to their offices. Just go and visit them. There is no hardsell, from what ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 9, 2004, 11:39am   #9
Joined Jan 2003
I've visited

I pointed out I had been to their offices. Just go and visit them.

There is no hardsell, from what I can see they couldn't care less if you buy it or not. They are scathing of bulletin boards though - I emailed them to ask why they won't come on here to defend themselves as it were:

"We can't win - if we sell something we are slagged off. If we show what we do we are slagged off. If we invite people to the offices, we are accused of being hardsell like timeshare or something. We don't need to defend oursleves, we have offices in the Uk and shortly Australia. We know it works, and if people don't want to buy it so what?"

I was there again to pick up the latest upgrade yesterday (stop management on screen and the ability to alter colours - the colours is a bit strange to me but I suppose some people must want to change them).

As far as results go well my copy has paid for itself a few times over, but it did take me a while to get used to it and I would have been creamed if I had gone in heavy from the word go.

The latest trades I got as clear signals were long S&P friday @ 49s, cut and reverse to short at 61's, flat at 55's. Didn't have anything at all yesterday until 5pm when it gave a sell signal at 1157. Its still got me short now.
markjpwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 1:13pm   #10

Joined Nov 2002
Hi Mark which indices do you trade, and how many points can can you expect to make with trendsignal each week on average.

Thanks
anmolway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2004, 12:11am   #11
Joined Jan 2003
Average

Only had it a few weeks - but in the last 2 days I have personally taken:

230 Dow points
200 Swiss
100 FTSE
120 Dax

On an average week I'm doing about 200 points profit (after losses).

So to say I'm bloody happy and amazed is just an understatement. I was in their office today (they just done an upgrade). I saw with my own eyes the P&L of their trading team. It was over £100k. I have never seen that much money ever. It was live, and it was PROFIT (not loss). I nearly fell off the chair. Simon (the head trader bloke) just didn't give a damn. These people are well, i think its best to say, odd. But they can trade for sure.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 12:43am   #12

Joined Nov 2002
Thanks for that Mark. Is that 200 points per index as above or 200 points in total usually. If it is the former then 200 points per week for 4 indices is not good but brilliant.

Thanks
anmolway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2004, 10:49am   #13
Joined Jun 2003
I would be interested to know the names of the people you met. Some of these people pop up again and again.
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2004, 1:33am   #14
Joined Jan 2003
People & points

Their names were Willem (Dutch) Simon (English) Jerry (English) Jason (English) Herman (Dutch). Also met a few other ex-LIFFE floor traders whilst there. Seems kosher and as I'm making good money I don't personally give a damn how cynical people here are.

The 200 points a week (no idea why but these LIFFE lads call them "ticks" - is there a difference?) for me is per contract. Of course it depends on how far the contract moves so with FTSE recently I've been getting under 100 net per week but considering I was an unemployed coomputer programmer a few months ago and now I can make seemingly a living from this I'm happy.

Personally all I can say is it has worked for me so far - I lost mone before and now I seem to be making it. Happy days. I guess for other people other things work.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 8:09am   #15
Joined Nov 2003
Trendsignal

Have there been any previous/current negative experiences/comments made by members of this board with regards to this software?
markb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 3:18pm   #16
Joined Mar 2004
Just wanna get one thing right. I'm a complete newbie and so don't know a lot about anything.

The stuff you trade, is that stocks and shares or futures and options?