CFTR Associates Goldbars Trading System

This is a discussion on CFTR Associates Goldbars Trading System within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Does anyone have any experience with CFTR Goldbars/Signpost? Does this system work?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 14, 2003, 2:54pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Goldbars/ CFTR

Does anyone have any experience with CFTR Goldbars/Signpost?

Does this system work?
pauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2003, 3:30pm   #2
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Is this the one that advertises in a well known Sunday Newspaper as

"Who else wants to make £12000 per week spreadbetting ?"

I dont have any knowledge of them but I have learned through painful experience to always ignore anything with
"Too good to be true advertising"

Good Luck

Paul

Last edited by Trader333; Apr 14, 2003 at 11:25pm.
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2003, 9:52pm   #3

Joined Nov 2000
12 grand profit on a spreadbet accout? They'll throw you to the dogs and cancel your account...... Unless you've got £250K in the account, then they might just let you stay, on the basis that next week you'll lose £50k.......
The views expressed here are my personal views and for your information only. Any expression of likely movement of a share is merely guesswork and is to be treated as such.This information must NOT be used as a basis for making any investment decision.
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2003, 10:32am   #4

Joined Apr 2003
Spead betting companies are interested in the amount of trades you make, not how much you win or lose. Although they would prefer you to win as this promotes more trades for them to make their profit on the spread.
mags_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2003, 10:42am   #5

Joined Jul 2001
What spread betting company do you work for then Mags?
options is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2003, 11:04am   #6

Joined Apr 2003
I do not work for any spread betting company. I am a private trader. I use City Index for my trading and have experienced big wins as well as big losses. (Fortunately the wins outweigh the losses). However, the company itself, is only interested in the amount of trades I make as well as the amount in my account to cover any margins. And obviously, from there buisness point of view, it would be better for them if all it's customers were in profit and making lots of trades.
Old Apr 15, 2003, 11:55am   #7

Joined Dec 2001
I think spread betting companies prefer their customers to loose. IG index don't hedge most of their clients positions because they know most of them will loose. It's easy to get new customers as everyone thinks they can make a profit when they start spread betting.

They don't mind a few customers who make a profit as they can hedge against their positions.

In my experience, they don't like people who trade too often. Finspreads made it much harder to 'scalp' after some clients found an good way to make money.
Bigbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2003, 12:50pm   #8

Joined Apr 2003
They way Spread betting companies designed there buisness model is around the commision they make on the spread. That is at the core of their set up. Pure and simple. End of chat from me on this one.