CFTR Associates Goldbars Trading System

This is a discussion on CFTR Associates Goldbars Trading System within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Hi, I started with £1,500, enough for a couple of non corelated trades, but then had a bit of luck ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 1, 2003, 11:04am   #25

6 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Hi,
I started with £1,500, enough for a couple of non corelated trades, but then had a bit of luck thanks to CFTR. Ideally I would suggest say £5000 in order to run three positions concurrently.The secret being to ensure your not over exposed to simular instruments and also not all trades in the same direction ie not just long posistions . I agree on stops mine are simular, still
long soyabean and copper, tempted to re-enter long cotton march next week.
Hope that helps , Good luck
tandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2003, 12:01pm   #26

Joined May 2003
Tandy, I note you live in Surrey which is were Jeff lives who runs CFTR Associates. I see you have also just started posting and seem to know an awful lot about a system that is a complete waste of time and is frankly a rip off so anybody thinking of going I would advise not too.
You don't say a lot about yourself in your profile is this because you are CFTR ????
schoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2003, 12:02pm   #27
Joined Oct 2001
Thank you Tandy, the £5000 is the amount I had in mind and I think compounding profits on other trades is the way to arrive at the £5000 if you do have it. as for other trades,I use CSI for my feed (from USA ) and have found CELLTECH CHIROSCIENCE from their software/indicators 12 all to buy I opened a spread bet on 28th Oct at 429.4 (DEC ) and it is still running the close price yesterday was 459 forCCH the CSI feed/software is 100% clean data. thanks again for your help. Twiglet
Old Nov 1, 2003, 12:15pm   #28
Joined Oct 2001
Schoe, so these people are best avoided then in your honest opinion ? Thanks for your insights. Cheers
peugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2003, 1:03pm   #29

6 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Hi Schoe,
No I am not CTFR, lots of people (sadly) live in Surrey. Yes I believe in CFTR , I used to be a City Trader, (hence need to live in Surrey)! However I have traded succesfully full time pa for a couple of years using a number of systems and am earning more tax free than the City was paying.Draw your own conclusion

Yes I have joined this posting in the past week , since unlike some threads , I am willing to help others (without charging)! trade profitable and enjoy a better quality of live. At least Tradertim apreciated my advise and Twiggytwo seem to agree. Perhaps I schould not bother next time.
Think this thread is probaly coming to a natural close .
Rgds
ps Twiggytwo thanks for your additional input will look into it more next week ,but now its Rugby World Cup !
Old Nov 1, 2003, 2:16pm   #30

Joined May 2003
Don't want to cause you any offence Tandy but I am suspicious of someone who praises a system that is a rip off. If you used to be a City Trader and earn your living trading how come you only started trading CFTR with £1500 as you said in a post a few up from this one??
schoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2003, 5:27pm   #31

6 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Because I was also suspicious like you still are.! Like any new system ( and I have tried many but not impressed by most)you always start small like any serious trader would tell you. Learn by your mistakes , test the system , compound your winnings until you have gained confidence. This was my starting amount, not my current amount!
This realy is the end of this -enjoy the week end !
Rgds
Old Nov 1, 2003, 5:43pm   #32
Joined Oct 2001
tradertim/trader333,

Thanks for providing the email address above. Still not sure whether this is a good company or not but theres no harm in dropping them a line.

good wishes
peugots is offline   Reply With Quote