CFTR Associates Goldbars Trading System

This is a discussion on CFTR Associates Goldbars Trading System within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Thanks for the warning, Timsk. Has anyone else anything to say on this? He does claim to trell you about ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 6, 2004, 3:31pm   #46

3 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Thanks for the warning, Timsk.

Has anyone else anything to say on this? He does claim to trell you about stops and exits. I base my stop margins on 1.5 times 30 day ATR. Any thoughts?

Tobias
Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2004, 3:35pm   #47

3 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
CFTR Associates Signposts

Has anybody out there had long term experience of trading with CFTR Asssociates' Signposts System. They claim 80% success, but that could mean 80% small gains, 20% stopped out. How good is the system and would you recommend it?

I know some people did not like his course, but what I want to know is, is there 'proof of the pudding'?

Thanks

Tobias
Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2004, 6:22pm   #48

6 Posts
Joined May 2003
CFTR Associates Ltd

I am trying to find out if any T2W members have been to CFTR Associates seminar. It claim that you can make upto £12,000.00 on the financial spread market using their Techincal Indicator method which are GoldBar and SignPost. The CFTR Seminar are held every Saturday, the courses prices are between £695.00 and £1995.00.
I look forward for your reponses.

Last edited by perry; Mar 27, 2004 at 6:34pm.
perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2004, 6:26pm   #49
Joined Jul 2003
Perry, there's no law against it, but that was a long lurk by anyone's standards.

This has been covered in other threads on t2w.

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/sh...&threadid=6766

On other boards there seem to be the normal rash of confirmations of how good the system is from people posting their first post.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2004, 6:48pm   #50

1 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
has anyone recieved a refund from ctfr goldbars??

hello,
ive noticed some people here who attended the goldbars courses,and who found them lacking.
has anyone asked ctfr for a refund on the course or the signpost signals? and what was the response/result??
paul burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2004, 1:20pm   #51

7 Posts
Joined May 2004
Cftr

Hi there,

Did you actually subscribe to the Signpost indicator and if you did, did you actually apply it to your trading?
roy105lond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 1:32am   #52

3 Posts
Joined May 2004
Having just read the posts about CFTR and as a newcomer to spreadbetting and shares, I am somewhat relieved I never pursued my interest in the course. The advert mentioning '12k' did seem rather too much and I could only gather a vast amount of capital was needed (and could afford to be lost) to gain such amounts. This aside, could anyone actually recommend 'impartial' advice on how I should proceed to educate myself on spreadbetting/shares such as books etc. Also (if you'll excuse me for going on) - I've also seen advertised the 'newsletters' from both Quantum leap and Trendwatch - are these worth investigating or are they just other money-making enterprises to catch out beginners like myself? I'd be most grateful if anyone could actually enlighten me on any genuine 'newsletters' available or courses/seminars/books which would actually help as oppose to harm.
mjp9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 10:57pm   #53

3 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Hi mjp9521,

I attended a Gold Bars/Sign Posts course run by CFTR in West London last summer (approx GBP 700) and subsequently I subscribed to the Signposts Newsletter (GBP 79 per month).

Data required for the Gold Bars system comes from an end-of-day download of Futures Cash Packages Data (major indexes and commodities) from the US Commodities Research Bureau (USD 30 per month) and the software needed is MetaStock from Equis International (approx GBP 400).

At the training I attended, CFTR's Jeff Jevtic gave no information on money management and position sizing. However, Jeff did provide elementary explanations of the Goldbars entry and exit strategies, and he explained trailing stop losses in the context of trading the Dow 30 and FTSE 100.

To interpret the Gold Bars correctly one has to look for confirmatory Gold Bars or additional market direction indicators on consecutive days.

The daily Sign Posts Newsletter provided market direction indicators, apparently derived from Jeff Jevtic's personal interpretation of current market conditions.

I am currently seeking a trading strategy that works.

Last edited by goosegog; Jul 27, 2004 at 12:21pm. Reason: Original post was too long
goosegog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 11:11pm   #54
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Are you clear on what instrument you wish to trade ? If so what are your trading objectives and timescale to be able to achieve them ?

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 11:18pm   #55

Joined Jan 2004
Hi Goosegog
A trading system that works ? That would be the GENESIS system but unfortunately not for sale as yet but I am giving it some thought. Given that everyone wants to charge £1000s for a "million dollar system"
Old Jun 7, 2004, 1:21am   #56

3 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
What Are We Looking For?

I'm going off thread with this, though it may help other traders.

The message I am getting is "Before I decide my strategy I should know what I want."

Last edited by goosegog; Jul 27, 2004 at 12:34pm.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 2:53pm   #57

3 Posts
Joined May 2004
Many thanks for those thoughts and I have decided against attending any 'paying' seminars and am instead just reading up on as much as I can in the meantime to take things slowly. The one thing I have paid for is an initial 3 month subscription to 'thewrongprice.com' - mainly to see how their recommendations turnout.

Regards
mjp9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:07am   #58

2 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
A simple question from a SB novice: Are there any testimonials in existence for the failure or success of individuals buying the Goldline system ?
k.garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 6:05am   #59

3 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
This thread is about Goldbars.

There are numerous caveats about Goldline in the "Goldline Trading System" and "Goldline trading system" threads

Last edited by goosegog; Jul 27, 2004 at 12:51pm.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 3:09pm   #60

Joined Oct 2003
This thread is about the Goldbars ripoff, not the Goldlines one, although I can understand the confusion.
tradertim is offline   Reply With Quote