Turtle Trading System

This is a discussion on Turtle Trading System within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by Tuffty "move funds towards winning positions and away from losing positions" This will happen naturally as the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 13, 2005, 12:45am   #49
Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffty
"move funds towards winning positions and away from losing positions"

This will happen naturally as the winning positions get larger and the loosing ones reduce/get stopped out. I do have a question as to how often one should do a portfolio rebalancing. I guess it's a balance of diversification against letting the winners continue to win.
I agree with you. However, to explain myself better, I'm thinking more along the lines of varying the size of N in accordance to a market's performance. N being the terminology from the Original Rules for a single risk unit.

As opposed to moving from a 2N to 3N position in a trending Bund market, has anyone considered a system where the Bund position skews to, say, 3.2N? (The extra 0.2N being taken from a poorly performing market.)
alpha_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote